Swiss watchmaker DAVOSA unveils their new model, the Military Automatic inspired from the designs of vintage pilot’s watches . The DAVOSA Military can be worn with a textile NATO or a hydrophobic (water-protected) leather strap, depending on the mission for which you need it – the watch comes with both strap options. The DAVOSA Military is now available in a military green or a black version, and retails at 598 euros.
DAVOSA has opted for a 40 millimetre, satined stainless steel case for its Military Automatic, which gives the timepiece its simple yet classic look. This is made more striking by scratch-resistant, convex sapphire glass, a large and handy crown, and a dial that recalls a cockpit dial. In particular the hands, the large hour markers and the date display in a ‘triple date’ format resemble the features of an aircraft altimeter.
The automatic movement is provided by a trusty Swiss ETA 2824-2 quality movement. The watch is protected against the ingress of water up to a depth of 200 metres thanks to its screwed steel back and doubly sealed crown. Good readability is ensured by large, luminous numbers and markers. The DAVOSA Military Automatic is thus perfectly primed for any special mission – whether conducted at night, above or below the water.
• Reference numbers: 161.511.54 (black), 161.511.74 (green)
• Each watch comes with a water-protected leather strap and a textile NATO strap that can be changed
• Stainless steel case (316L)
• Watertight up to 200 metres (20 ATM)
• Screwed steel back
• Convex sapphire glass
• Screwed and doubly sealed crown
• Large, easily readable, vintage-style luminous numbers and markers
• 40 mm diameter
• Height: 12.8 mm
• Swiss quality ETA 2824-2 movement
• Retail price: 598 euros