Swiss watch brand ORIS unveils the Artelier Small Second, Pointer Day model inspired from the rich heritage of Oris Pointer Calendar movements dating back to the 1930s. In this reconfigured complication, the pointer highlights the day of the week with a distinctive red underscore – providing a useful reminder to its discerning owner.
The first Oris pointer calendar movement, launched in 1938, marked a significant milestone in the company’s history. The ambition then, to offer a complication with useful benefits to the wearer, still rings true today with this sophisticated modern interpretation. In addition to the signature retrograde jumping day indication function, the watch also features a small second at 9 o’clock, another distinctive Oris look, and a date window at 6 o’clock.
The newly shaped watch case features gently curved horns, giving a perfect fit around the wrist and a smooth, sleek continuation to the bracelet. This useful additional function in the new Artelier design is another highlight in Oris’ rich tradition of quality watch making.
Model: Oris Artelier Small Second, Pointer Day
Ref. No. 745 7666 4051, Ø 44.00mm
- Automatic mechanical movement Oris Cal. 745, based on Sellita SW 220
- Multi-piece stainless steel case with stainless steel crown and see through case back, water-resistant to 5 bar
- Top glass sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Silver guilloche dial with applied indexes
- Polished nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
- Subsidiary dial for seconds at 9 o’clock and date window at 6 o’clock
- Stainless steel bracelet. Also available in dark brown croco leather strap with folding clasp
- Swiss Retail Price CHF 2,050.00