Classic HMS (Hours, Minutes and Seconds), the newly introduced timepiece by world renowned master watch maker Peter-Speake Marin features a multi layered dial; elegant, slim case; and automatic Eros 2 movement with five day power reserve.
With Classic HMS – Hours, Minutes and Seconds – Peter Speake-Marin has reinterpreted his very first ‘Piccadilly’ design to create a contemporary timepiece exuding elegant simplicity. The multi-layered dial of Classic HMS is either silvered with a fine guilloche in the centre and circular grained outer ring, or white-lacquered, setting off the central, sculptured, blued-steel hands and bold Roman numerals. A refined 38mm or 42mm Piccadilly case in stainless steel or 18K red gold houses the automatic winding Eros 2 calibre with long, five-day power reserve.
Silvered dial with resplendent hand-finishes – or in pure, white lacquer Classic HMS indicates the essential information needed to know the time – Hours, Minutes and Seconds – providing a horological purity that is complemented by the elegance of a remarkable, multilayered dial, available in two options.
The silvered dial features a raised outer ring that has been circular grained by hand. The smooth, flowing effect afforded by this superlative fine finish contrasts superbly with the lowered centre’s fine, spiral guilloche that catches the light and brings the face of the timepiece spectacularly to life. The white-lacquered version is pure and bright, featuring the same multi-layering that creates an eye-catching dial profile.
The central heat-blued hands are the same style as Peter Speake-Marin’s ‘Foundation Watch’ and add to the unique aesthetics that make a Speake-Marin timepiece so originally distinctive. A small topping tool icon below the centre of the dial towards 6 o’clock adds a visual reference to the brand’s collection and reinforces Classic HMS’s identity as one of Speake-Marin’s acclaimed creations.
The sides of the highly legible Roman numerals taper towards the centre and follow the line of the hands. This subtle but significant detail endows the dial with a dynamic, contemporary feel.
Classic HMS is available with either a casual, stainless steel or a sophisticated, red gold Piccadilly case. At first glance the three-piece case appears similar to the original Piccadilly that Peter Speake-Marin developed over a decade ago and from which the design of Classic HMS draws its inspiration, but on closer inspection it can be seen that this case is much slimmer – just 12mm in height and 38mm or 42mm in diameter – an elegant design made possible by the new Eros 2 calibre.
The new Eros 2 calibre is an automatic winding movement and features a long, five-day power reserve and the signature Speake-Marin ‘mystery’ rotor. The large-diameter, circular-grained movement dominates the view through the display-back and provides a technical backdrop for the beautifully finished rotor.
Model: Speake Marin Classic HMS
Features and indications:
• HMS: Hours, Minutes and Seconds
• Multi-layered dial – either silvered and hand-finished or white-lacquered
• Automatic-winding Eros 2 movement with five-day power reserve
• New, slim Speake-Marin Piccadilly case
Dial and Hands:
• Multi-layered dial – either silvered or white-lacquered
• Silvered dial: Upper-level outer ring circular grained by hand
• Silvered dial: Lower-level centre embellished with fine spiral guilloche
• Central Speake-Marin signature Foundation hands in heat blued steel, indicating hours, minutes and seconds
• Calibre Eros 2, automatic-winding mechanical movement
• Dimensions: 30.40mm x 4.35mm
• Power reserve: 120 hours
• Jewels: 35
• Twin barrels
• Frequency: 28,800vph / 4Hz
• Blued Speake-Marin signature ‘topping tool’ mystery rotor
• Features hand-finished bridges and rotor
Case and strap:
• Iconic Speake-Marin Piccadilly case crafted in either stainless steel or 18K 5N red gold
• Three-piece case construction
• Two-position crown: Manual winding and stop-second time setting
• Dimensions: 38mm or 42mm x 12mm
• Front and display-back sapphire crystals treated with anti-reflective coating
• Case-back circumference engraving: “Speake-Marin – The Piccadilly”
• Water resistance: 3atm/30m/100ft
• Hand-made, natural alligator leather strap
• Pin buckle in stainless steel or 18K 5N red gold to match case material