This year, Swiss watch brand ORIS celebrates its successful association with RAID Classic Car rallies as the official time keeper and Watch Partner, and in the 22nd edition of RAID Suisse-Paris, the brand unveils the RAID 2012 Chronograph Limited Edition timepiece inspired from the features of the winning car of the 2011 race, a 1942 Cadillac Series 62.
The RAID Suisse-Paris originated in 1991 and involves pre-1975 classic cars participating in a picturesque 600-mile contest that begins in Basel and ends in Paris. This challenging rally tests the teams on their ability to follow the correct route and stick to strict time limits. However, the biggest test is that of the old cars and their ability to withstand the demands of the unique race.
Honouring the dash board of 1942 Cadillac Series 62, the Oris RAID 2012 Chronograph Limited Edition features the iconic typeset of the Cadillac Series. The classic chronograph functions are complemented with an additional 24 hours second time zone indicator. Presented in a classic luxury wooden box and limited to only 500 pieces, this exclusive 2012 model is the epitome of classic design.
Model: Oris RAID 2012 Chronograph Limited Edition
Ref. No. 677 7603 4084, Ø 43.50 mm
Limited to 500 pieces
• Automatic mechanical movement with Chronograph function and date at 6 o’clock
• Pointer hand for second time zone with 24 hours indication
• Indices and hands applied with Superluminova.
• Multi-piece stainless steel case, water resistant 3 bar
• Double domed sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating on the inside.
• Case back with display of RAID Suisse-Paris logo
• Black leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp.
• Special luxury wooden presentation box.
• Swiss Retail Price CHF 3’900.-