York Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe, the creative director of his watch manufacturer Schaumburg Watch, is responsible for the venerable brand YORK. The Fort de Lippe limited edition by YORK watches honours the historical fortress Wilhelmstein of Schaumburg-Lippe. This fort, also known as “Fort de Lippe” was built by Count William of Schaumburg-Lippe in 1760’s.
Named after the fort, the new line of watches from the descendent York Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe are rich in tradition, each has its own history. The gold case bestows the watch with a classical appeal and the attention to detail is expressed not only by the hands and the clasp. The dial is coated with ceramic baking enamel. This ceramic decoration emphasises the simple elegance of a remarkable wristwatch.
Intricately handcrafted over several days, the movement is produced, engraved, and skeletonised. The qualities of this watch result from craftsmanship that has become rare, making each a one-of-a-kind masterpiece with tradition.
- Limited edition of 99 watches
- Functions: Display of hour, minutes, subsidiary second
- Mechanical manual winding movement, SW07 skeletonised and engraved completely by hand; 17 jewels, 18,000 a/h; Power reserve approx. 48 hours
- Case: (Ø 44 mm) out of 18k rose gold, sapphire crystal double-sided
- Dial: sterling silver with lathed zones, ceramic finish
- Leather strap with an 18k rose gold folding clasp
- Price: 17,800 Euros, limited edition of 99 watches with a 32-page book