Swiss watch brand ORIS expands its Artelier Collection with a new regulator model. The successful Oris Artelier range has been given a new look and the Oris regulator movement with small seconds dial is one of the first to be hosted in this new Artelier design. The original regulators were large precision clocks with a pendulum, which controlled and regulated smaller watches. The earliest examples were developed as long ago as the 17th century for use by scientists and explorers.
The typical appearance of a regulator has always been an expression of precision and legibility. The minute hand turns in the centre while the hour hand is displayed in a subsidiary dial. The redesigned Oris Artelier case stands out as a result of the improved lines of the horns, which integrate perfectly into a carefully balanced case body. The indexes on the dial of the new Artelier have also been softened to make them less aggressive at the points.
- Automatic mechanical Regulateur movement Oris Cal. 749, based on Sellita SW 220
- Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Silver guilloche dial with applied indexes
- Minute from the centre (Regulateur). subsidiary dials for hours at 3 o’clock and for seconds at 9 o’clock
- Polished Nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Stainless steel screw-down case back, see-through mineral glass
- Stainless steel crown
- Water-resistant to 5 bar
- Leather strap with croco imprint and folding clasp