The sheer epitome of Maurice Lacroix expertise, the watches of the Masterpiece Collection capture the urbanity, dynamism and elegance of the 21st century. As the brand’s flagship, this collection is brilliantly masterful in its interpretation of complications, including the retrograde and moon indications over which Maurice Lacroix has shown such total mastery over the years. The collection is now enriches by a new automatic version of Masterpiece Lune Retrograde model.
The new Masterpiece Lune Retrograde further enhances the range with a new self-winding manufacture movement that subscribes to the highest standards of traditional mechanical watchmaking. Hewn in steel, the Masterpiece Lune Retrograde is a subtle fusion of contemporary spirit and experienced craftsmanship. Presenting two complications held in great esteem by Maurice Lacroix, the Masterpiece Lune Retrograde opts to capture time in a 43 mm diameter case, thus renewing its links with a more traditional size. Water resistant to 50 meters, it alternates satin and polished finishes without ostentation, displaying its craftsmanship with impressive clarity. A deep sense of authenticity springs from its blue dial, imbuing time with unquestionable maturity.
The slightly raised time markers – subtle despite their high-tech engineering – are emphasized by the satin sunburst finish of the dial whose royal blue testifies to the nobility of their craftsmanship. Encircled by a hand display marking the days of the week, the moon asserts itself at 6 o’clock. It turns on a black disk in striking chiaroscuro, as if the skies themselves were within reach. The calendar is housed at 10 o’clock in a wide retrograde arch, while the power reserve is dynamically displayed at 2 o’clock.
Enhanced by a crescent of appliqué hour markers that gradually fan out, it evokes a real sense of movement. The hours and minutes adopt the traditional central position so as not to disturb the almost architectural balance of the piece. In a striking play of light, their slender hands are graced with a diamond finish enhanced still further by a slight curve, an additional detail that ensures complete legibility.
The self-winding ML 192 movement, manufactured entirely in-house, bears the stamp of the highest Swiss watchmaking traditions. Its workings, down to the smallest component, are revealed by the sapphire crystal case, while its brushed vertical and Grand Colimaçon finishes reflect the light down to the jewels themselves. The new Masterpiece Lune Rétrograde comes with an optional leather strap and is available with dials in slate and silver/gold two-tone.
– Stainless steel, Ø 43 mm, satin and polished finishing
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
– Screwed case back with wide sapphire crystal
– Water-resistant to 50m/5 atm
– Based on a 925 solid silver plate
– Available in black gold, navy blue or silver colour, with sun brushed finishing
– Diamond-cut applied hour, small second and power reserve markers; rhodium colored on black gold and
– Navy blue dial, pink gold color on silver dial
– Stamped hours and minutes hands with diamond-cut head in the pure tradition of hands making
– Retrograde indications in contrast to the dial color for optimum legibility: rhodium colored on black gold and navy blue dial, black gold color on silver dial
– Rhodium colored stick hand for power reserve and small second
– Moon phase disc: rhodied moon and stars on black sky or pink gold moon and rhodied stars on deep blue sky
Strap / Bracelet
– Large-scale crocodile-skin strap, hand-stitched, available in black (lined with black calfskin and black over-stitching), matt brown (lined with brown calfskin and over-stitching) or navy blue (lined with black calfskin and blue over-stitching)
– Folding steel clasp with push buttons
– Satin and polished finish
Automatic manufacture movement ML192
Vibration: 18’000 alt/h, 2.5 Hz
Power Reserve: 52 hours
Adjustments: 5 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
Decoration: Vertical brushed and Grand Colimaçon, rhodium coated
– Hours and minutes indicated by central hand
– Date indicated by retrograde hand at 10 o’clock
– Weekday indicated by small hand at 6 o’clock
– Moon phase indicated by disc at 6 o’clock
– Power reserve hand at 2 o’clock