The timepieces in the Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Collection epitomize the elegance of traditional watchmaking. The 2012 models of this pedigree collection raise the notion of balance to the level of an art form, imbued with the timeless spirit of quality watchmaking expertise. The Les Classiques Phases de Lune range wears its complications in new contrasting finishes and house a self-winding mechanism. In this collection, time radiates luxuriously but discreetly, also offering up the date, moon phase,day and month.
Black, silver-colored or two-tone, the dial is graced by a host of time indications without ever descending into ostentation. The ornamentation is spare, except for a sunburst satin finish that enhances its distinction. Long appliqué index markers line the circular course of the hours hand. To improve readability, the hands are enhanced with luminescent material, marking the unchanging forward march of time even in darkness, while the seconds hand pursues its never-ending journey. A fourth central hand clad in blue charts the date on the perimeter of the dial. The day and month appear side by side in two windows at 12 o’clock, subtly accentuating the Maurice Lacroix logo. The moon phase reveals its secrets at 6 o’clock, proving that the twin virtues of balance and moderation often lead to the finest achievements.
The contrasting finishes bring out the watch’s personality. Hewn in steel, the case alternates between satin and polished finishes, like the bezel with its forceful reflective power. The sapphire crystal case back reveals the regular heartbeat of the historic Maurice Lacroix ML 37 automatic caliber, whose performance reflects the stately progress of time itself.
– Stainless steel, Ф 40mm
– Open see through case-back
– Finishing combining polished and brushed surfaces
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating (inside)
– Water resistant to 30 m / 3 atm
– Timeless design underlined by refined sun brushed and circular finishing.
– Available in silver, black gold dial and silver/yellow gold plated markers
– Diamond cut applied hour-markers with luminescent coating (green emission)
– Diamond cut hand with luminescent coating on hours and minutes hands
– Available in rhodium and yellow gold plated versions
– Blue date hand on all dials
– Black or brown genuine calf crocodile imitation strap
– Stainless steel folding clasp with pushers
– Polished, combined with brushed finishing
Automatic movement, self winding ML37
Vibration: 28’800 alt/h, 4Hz
Power Reserve: 38 hours
Adjustments: 3 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
Decoration: Rhodium-plated movement, hand-decorated circular-grain, snail
– Hours, minutes, seconds and date indicated by central hands
– Weekday and month indicated by disc at 12 o’clock
– Moonphase indicated by disc at 6 o’clock