Backes & Strauss has recently unveiled a limited edition timepiece from their Regent Collection as the homage to Beau Brummell (7th June 1778 – 30th March 1840), an English wit greatly admired for his fastidious appearance and confident manner.
The BEAU BRUMMELL Limited edition timepiece pays respect to this historic figure of England, who was considered as the arbiter of fashion in Regency England. He was also a great friend of the Prince Regent, the future King George IV. A statue of Beau Brummell stands on Jermyn Street, the current London home of Backes & Strauss.
347 Ideal Cut diamonds weighing 5.15 carats are hand set into an elegant titanium case, as strong as steel yet half as light, first discovered in England in 1791. The dial of diamonds, one row perfectly placed in blue surrounding diamond Roman numerals on a linear base.
Model: The Beau Brummell
- Size: 40-47mm Ø
- Movement: Automatic movement. Rotor with platinum segment.
- Display: Hours, minutes and central seconds. Date between 4 and 5 O’Clock.
- Case: Titanium with 2 rows of 140 Ideal Cut Round Diamonds weighing 4.40 cts
- Dial: 206 ldeal Cut Round Diamonds weighing .66 cts. Crown: 0.09 carat ideal cut round diamond.
- Limited Edition of 50 pieces