This year, Maurice Lacroix presents a brand new model of its award winning timepiece, Pontos GMT Décentrique. This iconic model, featuring a contemporary design comes in a spherical dial creating a sense of nobility and an architectural case housing a perfectly controlled mechanism.
The Pontos “décentrique” range sought from the outset to break with traditional watchmaking and make a difference. A worthy descendant of the Pontos GMT Décentrique launched in 2006 and itself earning the supreme distinction of the Red Dot Design Award in 2007, the new dual-time zone timepiece showcases the off-center concept.
Simplified and flattened compared to its 2007 counterpart, the new face of the Pontos GMT Décentrique is no less audacious. The eccentric contrast with the sunburst finish unsettles our sense of architectural rigor. Jubilantly freed from conventions, time runs riot, drawing the eye now to 10 o’clock, now to 4 or 6, depending on the information sought. The constant interplay of movement showcases the hours, minutes and seconds at 10 o’clock on a dial graced with radiant appliqué index markers. Opposite, at 4 o’clock, a contemporary day and night disk clarifies the GMT display, accented by luminescent-tipped hands.
Finally, at 6 o’clock, the calendar appears in a window, without impacting on the general readability. A 43 mm diameter case serves as the setting for the self-winding ML 121 mechanical movement. Hewn in steel, it embodies the perfect balance between architectonic design and the expertise Maurice Lacroix brings to its watchmaking complications.
– Stainless steel, Ø 43 mm, satin and polished finishing
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
– Screwed case back with wide sapphire crystal
– GMT quick corrector at 2 o’clock
– Water-resistant to 50 m / 5 atm
– The design of the dial, featuring an off-centred display
– Large opening revealing the day/night disc at 4 o’clock, and the date at 6 o’clock
– GMT indication displayed at 4 o’clock
– Available in black or rhodium color, featuring diamond-cut applied hour markers on a sun brushed finishing
– Diamond-cut faceted hours and minutes hands with luminescent coating (blue emission)
– Day/night disc
Strap / Bracelet
Large-scale black alligator-skin strap, lined with black calfskin and black over-stitching
Buckle: Folding steel clasp with push buttons, Satin and polished finish
Automatic movement, self-winding ML 121
Vibration: 28800 alt/h, 4Hz
Power Reserve: 38 hours
Adjustments: 3 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
Decoration: Rhodium coated coated movement, circular-grain, snail, Côtes de Genève
– Hours, minutes and seconds by off-centered hands
– GMT displayed at 4 o’clock
– Day-night disc at 4 o’clock
– Date at 6 o’clock