Swiss watch brand Manjaz has recently presented its first tourbillon models named as Yin and Yang. As the name suggests the Yin and Yang tourbillons are based on Asian philosophy, yet created using the state of the art Swiss watchmaking techniques.
Manjaz developed these tourbillons in association with one of Switzerland’s finest watchmaking artisans, Cédric Grandperret who came up with a classic and accurate solution that is clearly designed to endure. In this instance, Cédric Grandperret and Manjaz have chosen a tourbillon with a relatively low frequency of 3 Hz (21,600 vibrations/hour), for reasons relating both its reliability and its aesthetic appeal. In this way, the wearer of the watch can admire the complication without any difficulty. That is also why the tourbillon has been placed at 6 o’clock on the dial, thereby beautifully highlighting it yet without disturbing neither the reading of the time or the architecture of the watch. On the contrary, it magnifies it and underscores the overall symmetry of the various elements.
At Manjaz, respect for the classical heritage does not mean rejecting modern aspects. The Yin and Yang tourbillons are the most accomplished expression of this daring union between traditional and contemporary facets of watchmaking creativity. The deliberately restrained, pared-down lines of the case provide a perfect frame for the movement and dial, of which all the components and finishing are original and radiate a contemporary charm. The result is a model in which rigorous discipline and aesthetic simplicity rub shoulders with modern and fanciful touches, thereby endowing the Manjaz tourbillons with a powerful identity. It brilliantly accompanies the brand’s grand entrance into the field of haute horlogerie.
- Movement: Swiss Made, hand-wound tourbillon, MAZ-001 (Yin Version) or MAZ-002 (Yang version), frequency 3 Hz (21,600 vibrations per hour), 16 jewels, two-position winding-stem. Position 1: normal running and manual winding. Position 2: time-setting
- Construction principle: tourbillon held by two bar-type bridges, 15-tooth 86° escapement, lateral lever
- Functions: central hours and minutes
- Case: 18K pink or yellow gold, 41 mm
- Crystal: sapphire crystal glareproofed on both sides
- Caseback: sapphire crystal glareproofed on both sides
- Strap: brown crocodile leather
- Water resistance: 50 metres / 50 ATM