Terrasport I Chronograph is a latest addition to the Terrasport family by Mühle-Glashütte. It combines the timeless instrument look with the well-proven qualities of Mühle chronographs. The design itself is reminiscent of the classic Glashütte pilot’s watches of the first half of the 20th century.
A genuine pilot’s watch, the face of the Terrasport I chronograph incorporates plenty of contrasts and offers optimal legibility. The white minutes display stands out clearly against the black background while the three black totalizers for the small seconds display and the minutes and hours displays blend in seamlessly with the overall appearance. The impression is similar to that of a classic aeroplane cockpit – and this is no coincidence.
The numerals cut-away by the totalizers at the 5, 7 and 9 o’clock positions reinforce the lively character of this timepiece. This is enhanced further by a red-tipped central chronograph hand and the corresponding red markers of the chronograph functions. The Terrasport I Chronograph guarantees optimal legibility by day and night, as is typical of Mühle watches, thanks to a white scale with red colour accents and Super-LumiNova-coated numerals and hands.
The 44 mm brushed stainless steel case forms an unobtrusive frame for the eye-catching watch face. Inside, it is powered by a MU 9408 movement which already has a proven track record in various Mühle watches such as the S.A.R. pilot’s chronograph. The movement is characterised by a 48-hour power reserve and the typical Mühle refinements. The shock-proof fine regulation ensures the accuracy of the watch in all conditions.
The black buffalo leather strap with its white stitching harmonises with the predominant colour on the watch face design. Furthermore, the Terrasport I is also available with a cream-coloured face and brown buffalo leather strap.
- Model: Terrasport I Chronograph
- Movement: MU 9408, automatic with woodpecker neck regulation, Glashütte three-quarter plate and characteristic surface finishes, quickset mechanism, stop second, 48-h power reserve
- Case: Brushed stainless steel. Anti-glare sapphire crystal. Transparent case back. Screw-in crown. Ø 44,0 mm; H 13,6 mm.
- Water-resistant to 5 bars.
- Strap: Buffalo leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle
- Dial: Black or Crème. Hour markers and hands coated in Super LumiNova
- Price 2,290 €
The Terrasport I assumes the role of an observer watch in the Mühle pilot’s watch family. The large watch face, clear legibility and reliable power source make this timepiece a dependable co-pilot. The 44 mm case in brushed stainless steel offers plenty of room for an uncluttered cream or black watch face and a clear minutes display. The red-marked seconds hands is legible at a glance as it moves across the indices of the minutes display. The crowning feature is the ‘Broad Arrow’, the identifying feature of a classic pilot’s watch and a clear indication of the tradition underlying this timepiece.
Despite its size, the Terrasport I offers lasting wearing comfort even during long flights thanks to the pleasant feel of the buffalo leather strap and the flat case. As with all of the Mühle timepieces, the accuracy of the automatic movement is the key in the Terrasport I. The typical Mühle refinements such as the woodpecker neck regulation, characteristic Mühle rotor and SW 200-1 movement with a 38-hour power reserve make this timepiece a reliable companion. This ensures that the correct time is always just a glance away.
- Movement : SW 220-1, automatic movement with woodpecker neck regulation, characteristic Muehle-rotor with Glashuette solar grinding fast date correction, 38-hour power reserve.
- Case: brushed stainless steel, anti-glare sapphire crystal, transparent case back with sapphire crystal, screw-in crown Ø 44 mm, height 10,4 mm. Water-resistant to 5 bar.
- Strap: Buffalo leather strap with stainless steel pin buckle or stainless steel strap with butterfly clasp.
- Dial: Black or Cream. Numerals, indices, and hands c coated with Super LumiNova
1100,- Euro (buffalo leather strap)
1200,- Euro (stainless steel strap