Mühle-Glashütte presents a special limited edition of its Marinus Chronograph model on the occasion of Fulda Challenge 2012, an arctic decathlon that takes place every year in the Yukon Territory in Canada. During this event athletes battle against the cold along the 1,500 km route as well as tackling the challenges of the individual disciplines which include dog sledding, skijoring and a half marathon at 40⁰C. Mühle-Glashütte took part in the extreme event for the first time this year as the official timekeeper. To mark this commitment, a limited edition series of 250 Marinus Chronograph models was released.
Marinus Chronograph features a strong and solid stainless steel case with a black highly resistant DLC coating (diamond like carbon) and 44 mm diameter can live up to any challenge. With its domed 2.5 mm thick sapphire crystal and a resistance to test pressures of 30 ATM, the Marinus Chronograph stands up to external influences such as temperature fluctuations, salt water and changes in pressure.
These are all valued properties in the extreme conditions of the Fulda Challenge. This special edition Marinus Chronograph is equipped with the Mühle chronograph movement MU 9408 featuring patented woodpecker neck regulation guarantees accuracy even under the harshest of conditions. The movement has a 48-hour power reserve, also features stop-seconds mechanism and fast date corrector.
The non-reflective sapphire crystal offers an unrestricted view of the black watch face at all times; the white numerals and two totalizers stand out clearly from the background. The uncluttered design means that the small seconds display and minutes counter can be viewed at a glance.
The one-sided rotating bezel with its red ceramic insert stands out easily against the otherwise black design of the watch. Thanks to the hands, numerals and indices coated with Super-LumiNova, the watch offers optimal legibility even in dark conditions or under water. The light spot at the zero point on the bezel enhances this further.
- Movement: MU 9408, automatic with woodpecker neck regulation, Glashütte three-quarter plate and characteristic surface finishes, Quickset mechanism, stop second, 48-h power reserve
- Case: Stainless steel with black DLC coating. 2.5 mm thick, domed and anti-glare sapphire crystal,
- Screw-in crown. Ø 44,0 mm; H 16,0 mm.
- Water-resistant: to 30 bars.
- Strap: rubber or stainless steel strap with extension and security folding clasp made of stainless steel
- Dial: Black. Hour markers and hands coated in Super- LumiNova
- Price: 3,500 Euro
- Edition: Limited to 250 pieces