The GW-A1000 is a new addition to Casio’s G-SHOCK line of Gravity Defier aviator concept watches. The new model features Casio’s tough TRIPLE G RESIST construction and “Smart Access” system for smooth, intuitive operation.
The new GW-A1000 is the first G-SHOCK to come with “Smart Access,” which makes operating the watch’s functions smoother than ever with an electronic crown switch and five-motor drive. It offers a wide range of functions that are especially practical for pilots.
With the intuitive method of turning the crown switch, the wearer can select the time in different cities around the world. In addition, with just a simple press of the switch, the wearer can switch between home time and world time, or instantly display Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Features like these ensure the time information pilots need is only a touch away. Since the hour, minute, and second hands are driven by separate motors, the hands respond quickly when the wearer resets or starts the stopwatch, or switches between different time displays.
At the same time, the “Smart Access” system enables convenient, simple operation of the watch’s wide range of features, including a “fly-back” function that allows the stopwatch to be instantly reset and start during operation as well as instant temperature display at the press of a button.
The GW-A1000 also packs new toughness technology into a new construction called TRIPLE G RESIST which consists of new vibration resistance in addition to resistance to shock and centrifugal force. In order to resist the strong vibrations that occur while handling aircraft controls, a gel-like material has been installed around and behind the watch module to absorb shock. The crown switch, which is the main “Smart Access” control, features a quick-lock for reliable locking and release. The bezel also acts as a guard to help resist shock.
The watchface is designed to look like a cockpit instrument. By incorporating the outer bezel into the case, a broader face has been realized, while still retaining the same case size as previous G-SHOCK Gravity Defier models. Also, there is a luminescent coating on the distinctive extra-wide hands and on the numerals, making the watch easy to read at night. On the back, the TRIPLE G RESIST logo has been engraved on hammered metal, for a solid look. The watch is also solar-powered and radio-controlled, with automatic time calibration using standard radio waves from six transmitters around the world.
- Construction: Shock-resistance, resistance to centrifugal gravitational force, vibration resistance
- Water Resistance: 200 meters
- Radio Frequency: 77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany); 60 kHz (MSF: UK); 60 kHz (WWVB: USA); 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan) / 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan); 68.5 kHz (BPC: China)
- Radio Wave Reception: Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day); manual reception
- World Time : 29 cities (29 time zones; daylight saving on/off; daylight saving time (summer time) auto switching/ standard time and Coordinated Universal Time
- Stopwatch: 1/20-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 120 minutes; elapsed time; flyback
- Thermometer: Measuring range: -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F); measuring unit: 1°C (2°F)
- Alarm :1 independent daily alarm
- Other Functions: Automatic hands correction; battery recharge warning ; date display; full auto-calendar
- Power Source: Tough Solar power system (solar-charging system)
- Continuous Operation: About 29 months with the power-saving function* ON after full charge * Power-saving after a certain period in a dark location
- Size of Case :54.1 × 51.7× 16.4 mm
- Total Weight : Approx. 85g
Model & Band
GW-A1000-1ADF : Resin