Casio presents PRX-7000T PROTREK watch model that displays compass bearing, atmospheric pressure, altitude and temperature using hands only. This is the first all-analog PROTREK watch equipped with smart access system for outstanding functionality and operability
The new model PRX-7000T is equipped with analog hands that display compass bearing, altitude, atmospheric pressure and temperature. Casio has leveraged its unique electronics technology to develop this groundbreaking analog watch. Based on the Multi-Mission Drive concept, the watch gives readouts of many types of data using only the hands. The hands are driven separately and operate independently of each other, playing multiple indication roles. The result is a functionally superior yet easy-to-use timepiece with a dynamically expressive face—a combination never seen before in an analog watch.
The PRX-7000T is the first PROTREK watch with an all-analog face, and it features three types of sensors that measure compass bearing, atmospheric pressure, altitude and temperature. It uses the hour, minute and second hands to indicate the sensor values, thus realizing the Multi-Mission Drive concept at a high level. The watch is also equipped with Casio’s Smart Access system, which offers outstanding functionality and operability. Four hands operate independently, including an indicator hand that shows the mode. The analog hands fully indicate all the values measured by the PROTREK advanced sensor technology, without the use of the digital indicators that previous models had.
Casio’s Smart Access system features an electronic crown switch that, intuitively pulled or turned, allows the user to do things like adjust the altitude or set world times, for easy operability. The case, back and watchband feature titanium carbide coatings for superior abrasion resistance, offering both strength and light weight. The bezel uses Zaratsu polishing, and the crystal uses sapphire glass with an anti-reflective coating, one of many fine details in the finish of the watch.
Equipped with Casio’s Tough Movement* featuring a solar-powered radio-controlled movement and a high-brightness white LED that clearly illuminates the hands at night, the PRX-7000T is a trustworthy friend in the great outdoors. It is a slim, high-performance, radio-controlled solar-powered movement that has four vital functions: Multi-Band 6 technology for receiving time-calibration signals transmitted over wide areas from six stations in the world (two in Japan, and one each in China, the US, Germany, and the UK); solar power system operation; an auto hand home position correction that returns hands to their proper position automatically if they slip out of place; and hybrid mount construction for added shock resistance.
- Specifications Performance: 100-meter water resistance; low-temperature resistance (-10°C / 14°F)
- Digital Compass : Hand indication of north; bidirectional calibration and northerly calibration function
- Barometer : Measuring range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.7 to 32.5 inHg); measuring unit: 1 hPa (0.1 inHg); atmospheric pressure change indicator (±10hPa)
- Altimeter : Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,280 to 32,800 ft.); measuring unit: 10 m (40 ft.)
- Thermometer : Measuring range: -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F); measuring unit: 0.1°C (1°F)
- Radio Frequency: 77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany); 60 kHz (MSF: UK); 60 kHz (WWVB: USA); 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan) / 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan); 68.5 kHz (BPC: China)
- Radio Wave Reception: Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China)