Swiss watchmaker Edox has been appointed as the exclusive timekeeper of the Dakar Rally Raid for the next three years. To celebrate this occasion, the brand has released a limited edition timepiece.
The new Edox Dakar limited edition timepiece possesses the brand’s much-prized values: strength and technicity.
Boasting the attribute of the perfect sporting vehicle, the new Dakar Limited Edition is imbued with the same steel as are the nerves of the Dakar drivers.
With its solid 42mm diameter, the quartz movement is robust, made to withstand extremes of temperature, impacts, sand and earth. The dial faithfully depicts the route of the South American tour. The black background offers perfect visibility, and sets off the white detail of the dial magnificently.
The Edox Dakar watch is a 500-piece limited edition, each piece supplied in an exclusive presentation box.
Model: Edox Dakar Limited Edition
- Functions: Display of hours, minutes, small second and big date
- Calibre: Edox 64, based on Ronda 6004B
- Movement Height: 3.3mm
- Case Height: 11.8mm
- Diameter: 42mm
- Water Resistance: 100 meters / 10ATM
- Finish: Stainless steel 316L, numbering engraved on a plate affixed on the side of the case
- Dial: Black carbon fibre, white details (2012 Dakar road map, Chile, Argentina and Peru flags, indices)
Glass: anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire
- Bracelet: stainless steel 316L, deployment clasp
- Available worldwide January 2012
Edox is the official timekeeper of the Class-1 World Powerboat Championship and official timing partner of the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC). In addition, the brand is the official timekeeper of the Dakar Rally Raid in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Founded in 1979 by Frenchman Thierry Sabine, the Dakar Rally Raid is incontestably the world’s number one car race and human adventure, every year attracting over 600 participants in the car, truck or motorcycle categories. It was initially staged on the African continent and relocated in 2009 to South America, its route crossing Argentina, Chilli and Peru.