Swiss watch maker CORUM, for the second consecutive year, is sponsoring the 73rd edition of Bol d’Or Mirabaud, the world’s largest closed-water regatta . Each year, the regatta attracts over 500 boats, which will be vying with each other to win the golden cup. To celebrate this event, CORUM has created a special edition Corum Admiral’s Cup Seafender 48 Chrono Bol d’Or Mirabaud timepiece. One of these 30-piece limited-edition watches bearing the blue and gold race colors will be presented to the winner of the Bol d’Or, and another to the Bol de Vermeil winner.
Equipped with the star complication for sports watches, the chronograph function, the Bol d’Or model features a generously sized 48 mm blue case. The model is distinguished by a twelve sided bezel in the same shade, along with the nautical pennants that are a signature feature of the Admiral’s Cup collection.
Loyal to its tradition of innovation and originality, Corum has chosen to run counter to its usual practice by associating a “centro” chronograph with this model. The chronograph minutes and seconds hands, traditionally appearing on two small dedicated counters, are mounted here on the same axis as the conventional hour and minutes hands. As well as resulting in an original and extremely pared-down face for a chronograph, this approach naturally also ensures enhanced readability.
The dial, richly adorned with a Clous de Paris hobnail motif and applied gold hour-markers, is enhanced by gold hands. The watch as a whole gives subtle pride of place to the blue and golden colors of the Bol d’Or Mirabaud presented by Corum.
Model: Corum Admiral’s Cup Seafender 48 Chrono Bol d’Or Mirabaud watch
Reference 960.101.76 0231 AN15
Limited Edition 30 pieces
– Self-winding chronograph movement, CO960, COSC certified
– Frequency 4 Hz, 28,800 vibrations/hour
– 27 jewels
– Exclusive CORUM movement, including the oscillating weight engraved with the brand name with black PVD finish
– Power reserve of 48 hours
– Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date, chronograph with minutes and seconds indication in the center
– Exclusive pusher locking system
– 48mm diameter, twelve-sided case
– Titanium with blue PVD finish
– Crown in titanium with blue PVD finish, engraved with CORUM key
– Screw-down open back in titanium, adorned with Bol d’Or Mirabaud presented by Corum logo
Glass: Cambered twelve-sided sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
Water resistance: 30 atmospheres (990 feet / 300 meters)
– Black with Clous de Paris
– Small seconds counter at 9 o’clock, golden finish
– Date indication in a window at 3 o’clock
– 12 golden nautical pennant hour-markers on the flange
– Chevrons and minute numerals in applique in gold 5N
– Facetted hour and minute hands in gold 5N with white Superluminova
– 60 minutes chronograph hand in gold 5N with white Superluminova
StrapBlack leather strap with textile look and blue stitches, width 24/24mm
Buckle: Titanium tongue buckle with blue PVD treatement, engraved with CORUM logo