ZENITH Captain Power Reserve is an Ultra-thin automatic watch with power reserve and date indicator. The power reserve was one of the vital functions of marine chronometers upon which the precise calculation of longitude depended. On board, this instrument was treated with exceptional care; the survival of the whole crew depended on its precision.
For the person in charge of its maintenance, the power reserve function meant that the rewinding could be optimized by knowing the precise tension of the barrel spring. This useful function appeared very early in the history of the ZENITH Manufacture, which registered an initial patent as early as 1910 to protect this exclusive system.
The Zenith Captain Power Reserve is equipped with an ultra-thin movement only 4.675 mm thick, with the power reserve indicator positioned at two o’clock and the date at six o’clock.
This timepiece is available in three versions with a silver or black “Clou de Paris” guilloché dial, in a steel case or with a silver dial in an 18-carat rose gold case.
Model: ZENITH Captain Power Reserve
– Elite 685, Automatic
– Caliber: 11 ½ “` (Diameter: 25.60 mm)
– Height: 4.67 mm
– Parts: 179
– Jewels: 38
– Frequency: 28,800 V/h – (4 Hz)
– Anti-shock system
– Regulator assembly with fine adjustment
– Power reserve of over 50 hours
– Automatic winding in both directions
– Instant date change
– Rapid date reset
– Stop-seconds system for setting the time to the nearest second
– Circular-graining on plates
– “Côtes de Genève” or circular-graining and chamfering on the bridges
– Strokes drawn on the hammers, levers and conveyors
– Central rotor on ball bearings
– Metal oscillating weight with guilloché work in a “Côtes de Genève” motif and revelation of the ZENITH star through skeleton work
· Central hours and minutes
· Small seconds at 9 o’clock
· Power reserve indicator at 2 o’clock
· Date indicator at 6 o’clock
Diameter: 40 mm
Crystal: Sapphire glass treated with anti-reflection on both sides
Case back: Transparent sapphire glass
Water resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters
Available in steel and 18-carat rose gold with a silver or black guilloché dial and a brown or black alligator-skin strap