GRAHAM-LONDON Silverstone Tourbillograph Full black is a perfect companion for those who take risks and created to with stand extreme conditions. This timepiece is specified as an automatic column-wheel chronograph tourbillon.
The tourbillon complication inside this timepiece is an automatic one minute Tourbillon developed in the vein of the GRAHAM DNA with a powerful design and a rich technological content. The domed sapphire crystal offers unique full size dimensions (42 mm opening) and a see-through view on the beauty of the mechanism.
The 48 components of its skeleton cage interlace in layers and has been reduced to an extreme weight of only 0.485 grams. This construction, called cintré integrates the Tourbillon into the complex chronograph movement while using a large diameter balance wheel.
Jointly developed with Manufacture La Joux-Perret, it is the result of a 4 year R&D program leading to two patents. Altogether, the engineering know how has lead to doing away with the intrinsic weaknesses of tourbillons. First its fragility. The reduced number of components, lightness and double-bridge construction guarantee stability and perfect rigidity. It is a shockproof Tourbillon.
Second, the sensitiveness to magnetism is also reduced through the systematic use of iron free components in the Tourbillon cage. The Tourbillograph calibre is equipped with a high quality chronometric escapement beating at 28’800 A. The Tourbillograph combines a Tourbillon and a column-wheel chronograph.
This movement offers at the same time the beauty of one of the best see-through Tourbillon cage and the resistance of a military watch. It is the only automatic Tourbillon that has successfully passed the Chronofiable test till date, the gold standard in the watch industry.
Aesthetically, the Silverstone Tourbillograph Full Black is a sophisticated and classy racing instrument. The 48mm thin steel case is PVD-coated with black titanium carbide. So is the bezel. Its black dial and polished rhodiated numerals play with the light. Sometime visible, sometimes invisible.
Every single part of the movement is decorated and blackened with rhodium. The oscillating mass with a ceramic ball bearing wheel, the balance, the double bridge, the coq, are all black. A perfection even pushed to such details as having a fine regulating system with a micro metric screw on the balance wheel to optimize its adjustment and avoid variations. Even the column wheel alternates black and polished.
Suggested retail price for GRAHAM-LONDON Silverstone Tourbillograph Full black is 47’850 CHF.
Silverstone Tourbillograph models are also available in 18K red gold case with white or black dial and Black PVD and 18K red gold case with black carbon dial.
Model: GRAHAM-LONDON Silverstone Tourbillograph Full black
– Column wheel chronograph (seconds, 30 minutes and 12 hours counter).
– Tourbillon mechanism.
– Hours, minutes, seconds.
– Calibre G1780, automatic column wheel chronograph-tourbillon, 28’800 A/h (4 Hz),
– Incabloc shock absorber
– Ruthenium blackened movement with Haute Horlogerie finishing. Perlages, sandblasted, manually chamfered and polished bridges and bottom plate, column wheel with polished segments and black low-friction coating, ruthenium oscillating weight with skeletonised rotor and 925 sterling silver segment
– 34 jewels
– Power reserve: 48 hours
– Blackened tourbillon cage: 48 components, 0.485 grams. Off-centre construction at 11 o’clock. Complete see-through tourbillon. Two patents. Double bridge construction with black PVD coated upper bridge. “Black gold” balance.
– 48 mm steel with black PVD case
– Steel with black PVD right hand start / stop and reset pushers with “Clous de Paris” high grip pattern
– Steel bezel with black PVD
– Domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
– See-through sapphire crystal case back
– Water resistance: 160 feet / 50m
– Black dial with tachymeter scale on external ring
– Rhodiated hands and numerals
– Strap Black croco
– Black ceramic folding buckle
Price: 47’850 CHF