Swiss watch making giant Hublot presents a new ceramic model from its F1 series of watches. Presentation of the new F1 King Power Ceramic is coincided with the 2011 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix. Its earllier models in this series, the F1 King Power (in Zirconium and King Gold versions) and the F1 King Power Tourbillon (also in Zirconium and King Gold versions) were hits, also the brand offers a dedicated F1 King Power India limited edition timepiece which marks the emergence of India as a latest entrant to host F1 events.
An ideal watchmaking material, ceramic is 30% lighter than steel, 100% anti-allergenic, 100% unalterable and 100% rust-proof. In a limited edition of 500 numbered pieces, the F1 King Power Ceramic is a chronograph with two push-buttons (Start and Reset), a 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock, a 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and a small seconds at 9 o’clock. Its case, 48 mm in diameter, is made from micro-blasted black ceramic.
The dial bears the official Formula 1™ logo and the special carbon fibre bezel is adorned with a signature drilled ceramic ring inspired by high performance brake discs. Finally, its strap comprises two layers stitched together with red thread; the inner made from natural black rubber and the outer made from NomexTM, a synthetic fibre developed by Dupont De Nemours which, thanks to its very low combustibility, is used to make the overalls worn by racing drivers.
An Official Watch of Formula 1™, the F1 King Power Ceramic is the fruit of a close and ongoing collaboration between the teams of Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of the Formula One group, and of Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of Hublot. Many features of its design are visibly inspired by the world of Formula One, combining the finest know-how and manufacturing processes at the cutting edge of research and use of hi-tech materials.
Model: Hublot F1 King Power Ceramic
Series: 500 pieces numbered from 01/500 to 500/500
– King Power – Diameter 48 mm in micro-blasted black ceramic
– Bezel: Carbon and black ceramic inspired by high performance brake discs
– 6 black PVD H-shaped relief titanium screws
– Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective treatment
– Bezel Lugs: Black composite resin
– Lateral inserts: Black composite resin
– Case-back: Micro-blasted black ceramic
– Crown: Black PVD titanium with black rubber inserts
– Push-pieces: 2 o’clock Start – Red rubber inserts & black text, 4 o’clock Reset with black rubber & red text.
– Screws: Black PVD titanium
– Water resistance: 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
– Multi-part matt black, with black nickel indexes, red SuperLuminova™ and Formula 1 logo at 12H
– Hands: Satin-finished black nickel and red SuperLuminova™
– Calibre HUB4100
– Mechanical chronograph with automatic winding
– No. of Components: 252
– Jewels: 27
– Bridges: Micro-blasted, bevelled and polished
– Screws: Black PVD
– Date: Date window at 4.30
– Oscillating Weight: Black PVD coated with tungsten carbide heavy segment
– Main plate: Rhodium-plated & circular-grained
– Barrel: With reinforced spring
– Escapement: Glucydur hairspring
– Power Reserve: Approximately 42 hours
Adjustable black rubber & Nomex strap with F1TM logo and red stitching
Clasp: King Power micro-blasted black PVD titanium deployant buckle, cap in micro-blasted black PVD titanium, decorative plate in micro-blasted black ceramic.