Watch manufacturer AEROWATCH SA opens a new chapter by presenting its new line of timepieces dedicated to the world of aviation: the “Hommage 1910” collection.
Founded in 1910 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, AEROWATCH saw itself as a symbol of modernity. The choice of an English name was an early pointer to the firm’s international ambitions and contained a reference to aviation, a world about to “take off” in a big way.
With its “Chrono-Auto” model, the family business pays homage to a century of uninterrupted watchmaking activity and creates a link with its roots.
To house its new model, AEROWATCH has chosen a light, 44 mm diameter, polished titanium case with a domed sapphire crystal. Through the use of this material, the timepiece weighs 40 grams less than a similar steel model and has a total weight (movement included) of 70 grams. This classic case with its timeless style displays certain archetypes of 1910 inspired by its pocket watch ancestors. On a technical note, the decorated self-winding movement is visible through a transparent case-back.
All information shown on the black dial of the “Chrono-Auto” is clearly legible and is inspired by the instrument panels of civil and military aircraft. The luminescent numerals and hands can even be read in darkness. Two white counters totalling up the minutes and the hours contrast with the black dial setting.
The black leather pilot’s strap has two polished steel rivets. White visible stitching further accentuates the sports-chic character of the “Chrono-Auto”.
This exclusive timepiece limited to 200 pieces is available from the brand’s official retailers.
Model: Hommage 1910 – Chrono-Auto
Limited edition of 200 pieces – Ref. 73946 TI01
- Self-winding movement Calibre 73 13¼’’’ Dubois Dépraz 285, (Base ETA 2824-2)
- 45 jewels – 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Diamond snailed movement, “côtes de Genève” decorations, blued screws
- Hours, minutes, seconds; Chronograph; Date at 3 o’clock
- Titanium case – diameter 44.00mm
- Transparent crystal, screwed-in case-back with 6 screws
- Black dial, “Super-luminova” luminescent Arabic numerals
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 50 metres
- Black leather pilot’s strap with polished steel rivets, white visible stitching
- Personalised folding clasp
- Limited edition of 200 pieces
- Price upon request