The new Tangomat GMT from NOMOS Glashütte distinguishes the time zones on the basis of airport codes.
Instead of the entire names of the cities, these space-saving abbreviations appear in the indicator window of the new Tangomat GMT. And so the NOMOS classic, the Tangomat, which is the basis of this watch, can maintain its typically reduced face even in the version with a second time zone.
Such an additional function for a watch that, after all, is famous for its minimalism, for its “less is more,” for nothing inessential about it – wasn’t easy. All the more gratifying is this result of the meticulous fiddling on the part of NOMOS’ constructors, designers, and 150 people who tested this watch last year. A window in the nine o’clock position now shows what time zone you are currently in. A small time disc with a 24-hour face in the three o’clock position and a small red arrow beside it remind you of the time at home.
Press the button until the desired time zone appears in the window in the nine o’clock position and the hands already tell you the local time. LON, BER, TYO, HKG, MOW, and NYC are the abbreviations for the corresponding time zones on this watch. But the indicator in the three o’clock position doesn’t change; here the Tangomat GMT remains faithful to the time at your home base.
Model: Tangomat GMT
- Movement: ξ (xi) – manufactory caliber with automatic movement and world time indicator
- Case: stainless steel, quinquepartite; diameter 40 mm; domed sapphire crystal glass; sapphire crystal glass back; height 10.85 mm
- Dial: galvanized, white silver-plated, with second time zone at nine o’clock and 24-hour indicator
- Hands: steel, tempered blue
- Water-resistant to 3 atm
- Strap: Horween Shell Cordovan
- Reference number 635