Swiss watch brand Mido enriches its Ocean Star collection with an all-new model, the Ocean Star Captain. Robust and very reliable, this automatic watch is no less a feast for the eyes, as evidenced by its blue dial in monochrome relief that charmingly calls to mind the ocean waves. With its classic and sporty style, this timepiece is a worthy addition to the legendary Ocean Star line and perfectly captures the maritime mood.
The first Ocean Star was produced by Mido in 1944. The watch manufacturer’s second-oldest collection, it quickly acquired a reputation as a pioneer among water-resistant watches. In 1980, development of the collection was guided by a determination to give the automatic watch a classic and sporty style.
This latest model perfectly embodies the marriage of technology and visual appeal, two quintessential characteristics of the Ocean Star line. With its sporty good looks, it offers superb reliability and guarantees your unconditional enjoyment of water sports.
The scratchproof sapphire crystal protects a finely worked blue dial. Monochrome motifs in relief serve as an enchanting reminder of the ocean waves. Each hour is marked by a polished index treated with luminescent material. An aperture at 3 o’clock indicates the day of the week and the date. The skeleton hands, coated with Super Luminova®, are fluorescent, ensuring perfect legibility in all conditions.
Water-resistant to 20 bar (200 metres), the model features a unidirectional rotating bezel. The transparent case-back invites the wearer to contemplate an automatic movement finished in elaborate style. The case is of the screw-in variety, as is the crown.
Available with a metallic or black rubber bracelet, the Ocean Star Captain will delight lovers of the sea whose taste favours a robust and reliable watch with good looks to match.
- Movement: Automatic ETA 2836-2, 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, height: 5.05 mm, 25 jewels, 28,800 A/H, INCABLOC and NIVACOURBE shock-absorber, NIVAFLEX NO mainspring. Elaborate and finely decorated movement. Function HMSDD. Adjusted on 3 different positions for a high accuracy, 40 hours power reserve.
- Case: Stainless steel 316 L (DIN X 2CrNiMO 17 12 2), 2 parts, unidirectional rotating diver’s bezel, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, screwed crown and caseback, transparent case back to see the elaborate and finely decorated movement, engraved 11 digit serial number, water-resistant to 20 bar (200 metres).
- Bracelet: Stainless steel 316L (DIN X2CrNiMo 17 12 2) with folding clasp.
- Dial: Blue, with white Super Luminova® indexes.
- Hands: Black skeleton hands with white Super Luminova®.