Swiss luxury watch manufacture Hublot celebrated the first ever FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA by presenting the new F1 King Power India timepiece. As the Official Watchmaker of Formula 1, Hublot celebrated the first ever Formula 1 Grand Prix taking place in New Delhi, India, the 6th Asian country on the 2011 calendar of the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship.
To mark this upcoming event, Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of Hublot, revealed at the Oberoi Hotel Gurgaon in Delhi – on Thursday 17th February, 2011 – the new F1 King Power India watch, a limited edition of 200 individually numbered pieces, especially designed in recognition of this highly anticipated event in the history of Formula 1.This is the first time, a luxury Swiss watch manufacturer has launched a watch dedicated to an international sport coming to India.
Sporting the famous F1 logo and colours of the Indian flag on its dial and bracelet, the F1King Power India features several unique aspects made from an array of high-tech materials directly inspired by Formula 1 (some of which have never before been used in watchmaking) such as a ceramic bezel with a circular-grained satin finish adorned with multiple holes to represent a high performance brake disk, a strap made from rubber and Nomex, a synthetic fibre developed by Dupont De Nemours and used – thanks to its very low combustibility and thermostability – to make the suits worn by F1 drivers as well as the Start, Reset and Split push buttons, the latter for the split second function and a 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock.
Model: Hublot F1 King Power India Limited Edition
Series: 250 pieces numbered from 01/200 to 200/200
– King Power, diameter 48 mm, in “King Gold”
– Bezel: Satin-finished “King Gold” and black ceramic, resembling a brake disc, with 6 black PVD titanium H-shaped relief screws
– Crystal: Sapphire Ǿ 35.50×3.00 mm, colourless single-layer ART, face with gold powder transfer minute track
Bezel Lugs Black composite resin
– Case-back: Open in King Gold with circular satin finish
– Crown: Satin-finished “King Gold” Ø 8.40, with black rubber insert
– Screws: Black PVD titanium
– Water resistance : Approximately 100 m or 10 ATM
– Push-pieces: Start with orange rubber inserts and black text at 2 o’clock, and Reset in black rubber with orange text at 4 o’clock
– Matt black, 5N coloured indexes, orange coloured SuperLuminova™
– 5N powder F1 logo at 12 o’clock, orange coloured transfer
– Hands: Satin-finished gilt hour and minute hands with micro-blasted back, Orange coloured Superluminova™
– Hublot calibre HUB4100
– Mechanical chronograph with automatic winding
– No. of components: 234
– Jewels: 27
– Bridges: Rhodium-plated with snailing
– Screws: Black PVD
– Oscillating Weight: King Power Hublot, micro-blasted black openworked plate, polished black decorative screws, micro-blasted black heavy metal segment
– Micro-blasted engraving against black background on bevel, and grey King Power
– Main plate: Rhodium-plated with snailing
– Barrel: With reinforced spring
– Escapement: Glucydur hairspring
– Power Reserve: Approximately 42 hours
Adjustable black Nomex strap with orange, white and green stitching
Stitched on black rubber
Clasp: King Power “King Gold” deployant buckle, “King Gold” cap, Decorative plate in black micro-blasted ceramic, black ink engraving, black PVD titanium deployant and buttons, polished black PVD titanium screws.