Introduced in 2007, the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Royal Black features an original and bold design. The 18 ct white gold case is fitted with a bezel set with either black sapphires or baguette-cut diamonds, according to the model. The bezel edge and the covers between the lugs are also set with brilliants.
The unique strap, featuring a folding clasp, combines stingray leather and rubber with a scattering of diamonds that add a special touch of radiance.
The dial decoration, a subtle combination of black lacquer and precious stones, suggests natural textures. The blazes, the signature of the Royal Black, are made up of 262 brilliants. The extremely intricate gem-setting requires great dexterity and expertise. Diamond hour markers provide the finishing touch to this exceptional timepiece.
The Oyster Perpetual Datejust Royal Black is a veritable jewel that includes all the well known advantages of the Oyster.
Self-winding, equipped with a Perpetual rotor and certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), it is guaranteed waterproof to a depth of 100 metres (330 feet) and features a sapphire crystal and a Cyclops lens with anti-reflective coating.
- Calibre: 3135
- Self-winding: Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve: 48 hours
- Date: Instantaneous change
- Oscillator Frequency: 4 Hz (28,800 beats/hour), Parachrom hairspring with Breguet overcoil
- Chronometer COSC certification
- Diameter: 36 mm
- Material: 18 ct white gold
- Case: Gem-set bezel
- Water proofness: 100 m (330 ft)
- Winding crown: Twinlock
- Crystal: Sapphire, Cyclops lens with anti-reflective coating
- Bracelet: Gem-set stingray leather and rubber strap with Oysterclasp
- Launched in : 2007