The frigate Shtandart was the first ship of the Baltic fleet. It was commissioned under the decree of Peter the Great and on the order of the Governor Alexander Menschikov in 1703. It was built at the Olonetsky shipyard near Olonets under the supervision of a Dutch ship builder. The Shtandart served to open the new trading route from Russia to the Baltic sea and sailed under the flat of the Imperial Russian Navy till the October Revolution in 1917.
Now luxury watch brand Ulysse Nardin pays homage to the Imperial Russian Navy with this timepiece featuring the Sthandart. The famous landmarks of Imperial St. Petersburg, the Isaac’s cathedral on the left and the Admirality on the right form the background of this exceptional cloisonné dial.
The Shtandart is available in a limited edition of 30 pieces each in 18 ct rose gold and is part of The Imperial St. Petersburg, an elaborate multi-layer white translucent enamel Egg of the Tsars decorated with 4.25 carats of diamonds.
The diamonds have been employed in creating some of the legendary symbols of St. Petersburg – the Admiralty Spire, the Rostral Columns, the Arch of the General Staff Building and the famous drawbridges that open at night to allow for passage of large vessels. Ulysse Nardin’s anchor serves to link the egg to the white marble base. Both the Shtandart and the Egg of the Tsars, true pieces of art, are destined to become highly sought-after collector’s items.
Model : Ulysse Nardin Imperial St. Petersburg Collection with the Frigate Shtandart
Type: Mechanical self-winding movement COSC
Size: 11 ½”
Diameter of movement: 25.60 mm
Total height of movement: 3.60 mm
Total number of jewels: 21 jewels
Oscillations: 28,800/h (4Hz)
Power reserve: approximately 42 hours
Case and dial
Case diameter: 40mm
Case back: crystal sapphire
Display: center hour, minute and second hand. Chronometer C.O.S.C.