Piaget’s ambassador to the world of polo, superstar sportsman Marcos Heguy, comes from Argentina’s most famous polo dynasty. He was first awarded his 10-goal rating in 1987. During his long career playing at home and abroad, he has won most of the most important tournaments at the top end of the sport. Marcos is also captain of the Pilará Piaget team in Argentina’s famous Triple Crown series.
To celebrate its involvement at the pinnacle of the sport, Piaget launched in 2009 new models of its famous Piaget Polo wristwatch, a range first created in 1979. This sporty Piaget Polo FortyFive is the firm’s first Polo watch with a case made of titanium rather than gold. The chronograph version has a self-winding calibre 880P movement with a 50-hour power reserve.
In an innovative and fitting tribute to one of the sport’s greatest players, Piaget has created a special 45-piece limited edition of its Piaget Polo FortyFive wristwatch, and revealed it during the USPA Piaget Gold Cup tournament in Florida. This exclusive model features blue counters on a black dial incorporating the words “10 Handicap”. The sapphire crystal case-back, revealing the watch’s movement, bears the name “Marcos Heguy” and Marcos’ signature. The watch is available for watch connoisseurs from the beginning of June.
With its name emblazoned across Pilará Piaget team shirts in the world’s highest-rated polo series and sponsorship of the Piaget Gold Cup in the US, Piaget is now even more firmly established as one of the most prominent corporate supporters of the sport of polo, the world’s oldest and fastest team game.
- Titanium case
- Satin-brushed titanium bezel with polished steel godrons
- Screw-lock crown in titanium and rubber
- Black and blue dial, luminescent applied hour-markers
- Sapphire crystal case-back with metal-coated Marcos Heguy signature
- Shaped push-buttons in titanium and rubber
- Functions: Hour, minute, flyback chronograph, small seconds (counter at 6 o’clock), dual time zone (24-hour indication at 9 o’clock)
- Water resistance: 100 m
- Manufacture Piaget 880P mechanical self-winding chronograph movement
- Movement thickness: 5.65 mm
- Casing diameter: 12”’ (ø 27 mm)
- Number of jewels: 35
- Alternance: 28,800 vph (balance with screws)
- Approximately 50-hour power reserve (double barrel)
- Finishing: circular Côtes de Genève, circular-grained mainplate, bevelled bridges, blued screws, coat of arms engraved on the oscillating weight
- Steel triple-folding safety clasp with summer/winter position
- Rubber strap with steel inserts
- Ref. G0A34620