The functionality and design of the Tissot Sailing-Touch Gent equip this timepiece to weather any storm with style. Meteorological forecasting ability, a tide-calculator and a regatta countdown captain the extensive list of touch-activated functions. Innovative design details reflect the watch’s maritime theme and also enable it to withstand the pressures of active lifestyles on land and at sea.
By lightly touching the unique tactile crystal, wearers can navigate their way easily and quickly to diverse functionality.
This includes a useful tool for ascertaining weather patterns, integrating a histogramme to show conditions of the preceding six hours, plus the facility to measure relative pressure with the predicted tendency being shown by the hands. A tide calculator responds to the challenges of ocean sailing, with the hands showing the evolution of the tide at the port of destination.
The Tissot Sailing-Touch Gent is even ready to compete in regattas, with a special countdown for the crucial ten minutes leading up to the start, using practical sonic beeps combined with the digital display. Completing the spectrum of instruments are a device to measure speed over distance, a compass, two alarms, two time zones, a perpetual calendar and a backlight.
Maritime influence on the design of the Tissot Sailing-Touch Gent results in both striking looks and reliable practicality. The background of the digital display is watery blue, and the tips of the hands have red and white touches reminiscent of marine flags.
Elements such as lines of yacht shapes on the case, pushers formed like rounded quayside cleats and a red bezel standing out like a lifesaving ring underline the sailing theme. The innovative bi-material bracelet has a safety clasp and even an extension so that it can be worn over wet-weather gear and is water resistant to 10 bar.
- Swiss-made quartz ETA movement
- Tactile scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
- 316L stainless steel case
- Black, silver or navy blue dial
- Water resistant to 10 bar (100 m / 330 feet)
- Black rubber strap / Bi-material rubber and 316L stainless steel bracelet
- Functions : weather (relative pressure), regatta, speed (chronograph with tachymetre), compass, 2 alarms, tide, 2 time zones, perpetual calendar, backlight
- Red, silver or navy blue bezel