Swiss watch brand Oris is the new time keeper and Official Watch Partner of the RAID classic car rallies. To mark the occasion of the 20th RAID Suisse-Paris Oris is launching a limited edition chronograph with a dial design inspired by the rev counter of a 1952 Jaguar XK 120.
RAID was originally carried out as a quality test in Africa by French car manufacturers. Since 1991 it has been staged in Switzerland and France as a classic car rally and sees competitors cover up to 1000km on country roads in cars built before 1975.
The dial design of the Oris RAID Chronograph is based on the dashboard of the winning car from the 2009 rally – a 1952 Jaguar XK 120. The hour and minute counters have a distinctive red zone, which reflects the red danger zone of the Jaguar’s rev counter. The design features are classic car, but the stainless steel case is classic Oris Artelier: elegant, beautifully crafted and gently curved to ensure a perfect fit on the wrist.
The competitors in the RAID rally put themselves and their cars through a number of challenges that test their skills as navigators, drivers and mechanics.
The Oris RAID Chronograph is reliable, resilient and equal to the challenges of RAID, one of Europe’s biggest classic rallies. It matches the cars in terms of beauty and craftsmanship. Limited to just 500 pieces it’s a classic.
Model: Oris RAID Chronograph Limited Edition Ø 43.50 mm
Ref: 676 7603 4084 LS/MB
- Automatic mechanical movement with chronograph function
- Centralised minute, hour and stop second displays
- Decentralised counters for minutes and hours plus small second
- Date display between 4 and 5 o’clock
- Multi-piece stainless steel case with stainless steel crown and pushers
- Water resistant to 3 bar
- Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
- Case back engraved with RAID logo and limited edition number
- Nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
- Black calfskin leather strap with croco imprint or multipiece stainless steel bracelet with stainless steel folding clasp
- Luxury wooden box and certificate