Swiss luxury watch & Jewellery brand Piaget sweeps us away on a jazz tune. The new Limelight Jazz Party collection unveils its musical world in different beats. Jazz has become the soul of Piaget’s new creative collection in 2010.
Piaget Polo Tourbillon Relatif, Ref. G0A35174
The captivating Piaget Polo Tourbillon watch swings to the beat of technical challenge and creative genius. This exceptional and one-of-a-kind piece in champlevé enamel springs from the age-old expertise of enamellers and engravers who work with watchmakers in a celebration of technique and beauty. Indicated by a central disc, the hours become musical notes. The black enamel of the dial, fashioned like the grooves on a vinyl record, is graced with a flurry of quavers, while the F-clef is perfectly pitched to depict the figure 9.
The white-gold case in black, fired enamels strikes a musical note with a delicate engraving: a jazz player takes shape on the caseback while musical instruments enliven the sides. Piano, horn, cello, drums and saxophone follow the rhythm of Calibre 608P — a manually wound movement with a flying tourbillon that sets the pace with the regularity of a metronome. It delights the eye with the magic of perfect balance. Suspended at the tip of the minutes hand, the tourbillon carriage seems in free flight, as if disconnected from the movement that drives it.
18-carat white gold watch with grand feu enamelling according to the champlevé technique
18-carat white gold case and dial, black grand feu enamelling depicting jazz music instruments
Manufacture Piaget 608P mechanical hand-wound tourbillon movement
Movement thickness: 3.28 mm,Movement thickness including hand fitting: 9.14 mm
Casing diameter: 11 1/2”’ (ø 25.60 mm)
Number of jewels: 27
Frequency: 21,600 vph
Oscillating organ – diameter of balance: 7.75 mm
Power reserve: approximately 68 hours (double barrel)
Flying tourbillon: the minute hand, which has its centre of rotation at the centreof the watch, performs one complete rotation per hour. The tourbillon carriage,suspended from the minute hand, spins once per minute on its own axis
Tourbillon carriage: 3 titanium bridges,Weight of the tourbillon carriage: 0.2 g
Finishing: circular Côtes de Genève, mainplate and bridges circular-grained byhand, bevelled and hand-drawn bridges and carriage, blued screws
18-carat white gold and black grand feu enamelled case-back portraying a jazzman
18-carat white gold folding clasp
Black alligator leather strap
The profile at 3 o’clock pictures musical instruments such as a drum kit and a trumpet
The crown evokes the bass drum of the Limelight Jazz Party drum kit
The profile at 9 o’clock shows a piano and a double bass
Limelight Jazz Party watches
The watches and jewellery dress in black and white. Diamonds, black spinels and onyx alternate in a graphic sequence that follows a piano’s keyboard without missing a note. Necklace, earring and finger ring together caress the skin. The alternate spinels and diamonds in baguette and brilliant cuts make stunning contrasts in the most harmonious score that can be imagined. If music can suspend time, Piaget can hide it. Two mystery watches demonstrate the company’s vocation as a watchmaker and jeweller. The brand has developed a unique expertise in the design of timepieces that become astonishing pieces of jewellery.
One is round; the other’s a form watch. Two watches with a secret, two interpretations of a musical theme. The first draws aside its thin onyx disc to reveal its true face. Its bicolour silhouette on a bracelet dressed in black satin is dedicated to jazz. The second watch turns into a precious band when its cover is closed. Entirely sculpted in white gold, it integrates the case and bracelet so completely that you lose track of time. Both play a rhythm of dark gemstones and diamonds to tune the worlds of music, jewellery and watchmaking into a perfect harmony.
Ref. G0A35170(Limelight “Secret” watch)
Features: 18-carat white gold and onyx case set with 216 brilliant-cut diamonds(approx. 2.49 cts); 18-carat white gold dial set with 101 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 0.43 ct); Piaget 56P quartz movement 18-carat white gold pin buckle set with 51 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.23 ct); Black satin strap
Ref. G0A35167(Limelight “Secret” watch)
The diamonds reflect the magic dancing under the stars as jewellery swings to the accelerating tempo. For its part, the Limelight watch blazes with fire. The diamond ellipses turn with the slightest movement of the wrist, thanks to an invisible mechanism. The bold and avant-garde design of this imaginative piece is in line with the brand’s most original creations, providing a further reminder of how brilliantly Piaget, as the jeweller of movement, embodies the freedom of creating, with a touch of mischief that is in a class of its own.
Ref. G0A35156 (Limelight watch)
- Ref. G37LB80/Ref. G37LB800: 18-carat white gold necklace set with 178 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 16.02 cts), 24 square-cut diamonds (approx. 2.41 cts), 31 baguette-cut diamonds (approx 7.79 cts) and 47 baguette-cut black spinels (approx 58.28 cts)
- Ref. G38LC700: 18-carat white gold earrings set with 10 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 0.90 ct), 12 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 1.60 cts), 2 pear shaped diamonds (approx 1.07 ct) and 4 baguette-cut black spinels (approx 4.96 cts)
- Ref. G34LN300: 18-carat white gold ring set with 96 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 1.93 cts),8 baguette-cut black spinels (approx. 4.19 cts), 1 central brilliant-cut diamond(approx. 0.51 ct)
- Ref. G37LC200: 18-carat white gold necklace set with 477 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 38.85 cts)
- Ref. G38LD100: 18-carat white gold earrings set with 440 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 4.20 cts)
- Ref. G34LN700: 18-carat white gold ring set with 92 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx 2.68 cts) and a central cushion-cut diamond (approx. 2.55 cts)
- Ref. G38LDRef. G38LD300: 18-carat white gold earrings set with 58 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 2.72 cts) and 176 round blue sapphires (approx. 3.17 cts)
- Ref. G37LC600: 18-carat white gold necklace set with 297 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 13.80 cts), 1 central brilliant-cut diamond (approx. 0.50 ct), 113 round blue sapphires (approx. 3.64 cts), 65 round tanzanites (approx. 2.24 cts)
- Ref. G34U8600: 18-carat white gold ring set with 113 round blue sapphires (approx. 3.75 cts), 65 round tanzanites (approx. 2.23 cts), 1 brilliant-cut diamond (approx. 0.50 ct)