The Star of Ghana is a unique timepiece from Regent Collection by Backes & Strauss London. As Masters of diamonds since 1789, Backes & Strauss the world’s oldest diamond company craft and create exclusive watches, combining art and science, light and time.
On 11th July 2009, Mrs Ernestina Mills The First Lady of Ghana presented The First Lady of The United States Michelle Obama with The Star of Ghana to commemorate and celebrate the first visit to The Republic of Ghana by The President of The United States of America, President Barack Obama and The First Lady.
Crafted in 18kt rose gold in size 40/47mm, with 3 rows of ideal cut diamonds, 288 in total on the case weighing 2.35 carats, and the Backes & Strauss signature “Jewel in the Crown”, a .09 carat ideal cut round diamond, hand set into the crown. Gold and diamonds also candidly reflect two of the major resources of The Republic of Ghana.
- Size & Movement: 40/47mm. Automatic movement with “Grande Date” at 12 O’Clock and
- “Moon Phase Mechanism”, rotor with platinum segment.
- Display: Hours, minutes and seconds.
- Case: 18kt Rose Gold with 3 row diamond setting.
- Crown: .09 carat ideal cut round diamond
- Dial: The flag of The Republic of Ghana shows the different phases of the moon.
- Hand polished Rose Gold Arabic numerals surround The Lode Star.