These exceptional Haute Joaillerie models were born in Piaget’s Geneva jewellery atelier, currently the largest of its kind in the area. After thousands of hours of patient, skilled craftsmanship lavished on them by the goldsmiths and gem-setters, the Piaget jewellery dreams spring to vibrant life. While the design of these four Haute Joaillerie creations testifies to the variety of inspiration and the creative independence of the Maison, the techniques employed have followed the same complex path over the past 50 years, entirely dedicated to the relentless pursuit of perfection.
The resolutely round Haute Joaillerie Limelight watch has enjoyed ever-growing success since its creation. Its classic and timeless shape is matched by a contemporary style that keeps its firmly centre-stage. Lit up by 537 diamonds totalling 40 carats, it subtly alternates between brilliant and princess cuts performing a splendid dance that subtly highlights its extreme slenderness. Resembling a gleaming fabric of gold and diamonds, the smoothly-fitting bracelet is in itself a gem-setting and gemmological challenge requiring perfectly calibrated stones able to naturally follow the curve of its tapered profile.
Limelight Exceptional Piece Ref. G0A29084
- 18-carat white gold case paved with 99 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 1.8 cts) and 44 princess-cut diamonds (approx. 4.5 cts)
- Dial set with 84 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 1.2 cts) and 24 princesscut diamonds (approx. 2.5 cts)
- Crown set 11 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.3 ct)
- Bracelet paved with 276 princess-cut diamonds (approx. 29.7 cts)
- Total of 538 diamonds ( approx 40 cts)
- Piaget 690P quartz movement
Limelight limelight Exceptional Piece Ref. G0A34133
Alongside this stunning model, three new “secret” watches introduced in 2009 conceal the passing of time beneath a gleaming cloak of light. The lines of the first two echo the world of haute couture. Whether in small or large versions, they exude an extraordinary sense of flowing elegance.
Adorned with 250 baguette-cut diamonds in the large version, the bracelet is draped in precious ribbons that seem about to come untied, offering a vivid reminder that Piaget is definitely the jeweller of movement. The asymmetrical design lends a modern touch, reinforced by the cloisonné gem-setting. Simply pressing the gem-set cover reveals a magnificent dial crafted in iridescent marquetry-worked mother-of-pearl and set with round-cut diamonds. Once closed, the watch returns to its role as a full-fledge piece of jewellery in its own right.
- Ribbon inspiration, secret watch
- 18-carat white gold case paved with 78 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.9 ct) and 187 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 17.9 cts)
- Mother-of-pearl marquetry dial set with 37 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.3 ct)
- Bracelet paved with 250 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 39.9 cts)
- Piaget 56P quartz movement
Limelight Exceptional Piece Ref. G0A34135
The third secret watch stems from an exuberant garden in which nature reigns supreme. The luxuriant diamond vegetation, cleverly blending pear, brilliant and baguette cuts, unfolds its extraordinary radiance on a dainty feminine wrist. Two leaves, each composed of a fabulous marquise-cut diamond conceal a double mystery: at a gentle touch is enough to raise them and reveal a Polynesian mother-of-pearl dial and another all gem-set one. The invisible opening mechanism has a magical quality all its own.
Limelight Exceptional Piece Ref. G0A34135
- 2 secret watches
- 18-carat white gold case paved with 122 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 6.5 cts), 33 pear-cut diamonds (approx. 16.1 cts), 32 baguettecut diamonds (approx. 1.9 cts), and 2 marquise-cut diamonds (approx. 3.5 cts)
- First dial,(located on the left side), in polynesian mother-of-pearl
- Second dial (on the right side) set with 76 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.4 ct)
- Bracelet paved with 98 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 13.8 cts), 109 pear-cut diamonds (approx. 31.7 cts) and 34 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 2.3 cts)
- The two leaves can be opened by delicately lifting two marquise-cut diamonds and then reveal two dials
- 2 Piaget 56P quartz movements