The quintessential divers’ watch, the absolute reference in its genre, the Submariner has expanded its horizons far beyond the element of its birth in 1953, while denying nothing of its aquatic origins.
In 2008, Rolex unveiled a new version of the Submariner, with a subtly redesigned case. After the yellow and white gold models launched last year, Rolex now presents a yellow Rolesor Submariner Date.
In this new version, the 904L steel case is mounted with a 18K yellow gold unidirectional rotatable bezel equipped with a 120-notch anti-reverse click system and fitted with a black Cerachrom insert, which is extremely hard, and corrosion resistant.
Its mechanical movement equipped with a Perpetual rotor and Parachrom hairspring pledges increased chronometric precision and reliability. Parachrom is a material 10 times more resistant to shocks and is insensitive to magnetic fields. Like every Rolex movement, the Submariner Date’s movement is certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC).
The new-generation Submariner Date offers exceptional legibility thanks to hour markers and hands coated with luminescent Chromalight.
The Yellow Rolesor Submariner Date (reference 116613) features an Oyster bracelet in 904L steel and 18K yellow gold. This new model is fitted with the Rolex Glidelock clasp. Designed, developed and patented by Rolex, this extension system allows the bracelet to be lengthened – without the need for tools – by approximately 20 mm in increments of 2 mm, for the watch to be worn over a diving suit up to 3 mm thick.
- Calibre: 3135
- Self-winding: Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve: 48 hours
- Date: Instantaneous change
- Oscillator Frequency: 4 Hz (28,800 beats/hour), Parachrom hairspring with a Breguet overcoil
- Chronometer: COSC certification
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Materials: Yellow Rolesor
- Case: Unidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated bezel with Cerachrom insert, shoulders to protect the crown
- Waterproofness: 300 m (1,000 ft)
- Winding crown: Triplock
- Crystal: Sapphire, Cyclops lens with anti-reflective coating
- Bracelet: Oyster with Rolex Glidelock clasp