The concept of Day&Night, a timepiece that does not tell the time, was such a success that Romain Jerome has responded to customers’ demand by developing a new limited edition of 9 timepieces.
Launched in 2008 at Baselworld, Titanic DNA Day&Night was a potent symbol of the philosophical thinking of watchmakers Romain Jerome.
It brought a new system of time measurement hinging on the sequential operation of two Tourbillons that divided the temporal world into two segments: day versus night. Received with immense public acclaim, but also evoking considerable controversy, this creation of Haute Horlogerie, formerly devoid of hands, is now entrusted with the contradictory and conventional task of displaying the time of day as ordinary people understand it.
The new edition of Day&Night changes tack and this time celebrates watchmaking creativity by offering food for thought on the creative freedom of the movement, symbolized here by a spiral applied on its dial.
Model: Romain Jerome Titanic DNA Day&Night Spiral Limited Edition
- Movement: “RJ One” created by BNB exclusively for RJ
- Case: steel and titanium. Diameter 46 mm.
- Paws: black ceramic
- Dial: metal blade made of brass in the form of an Archimedes spiral
- Functions: sequential Double Tourbillon, hours, minutes
- Bezel: stabilized oxidized steel from the Titanic*
- Back: sapphire crystal with double antireflective treatment / bridges in stylized cross design
- Glass: sapphire crystal with double antireflective treatment
- Water resistance: 5 atm.
- Strap: full Hornback crocodile leather
- Clasp: folding clasp
- Limited edition: 9 pieces
The rusted steel horological creations in the ‘Titanic DNA’ series features an oxidized steel bezel which is the result of an extraordinary blend of authentic steel from the wreck lying 3840 meters under the sea, and from the Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast, where the Titanic was constructed nearly a century ago. Official certificates of authenticity guarantee the origin of materials used.