Setting the crowning touch to the success of the new self-winding Titanic-DNA watches revisited in grand style, or Ala Grande, Swiss luxury watch brand Romain Jerome presents an original creation,the Tourbillon Steampunk Ala Grande.
The new limited edition watch model, Tourbillon Steampunk Ala Grande is a part of DNA OF FAMOUS LEGENDS Collection, a High‐end watch inspired and designed to pay tribute to the great legends of our time.
Within an exceptional timepiece featuring intensely accentuated physical characteristics, brand CEO and designer Yvan Arpa has brought together distinctive bolts, an anchor-shaped off-centred oscillating weight, 6-sided screws, Roman numerals, characteristic paws, a tourbillon, the collection’s trademark rust, along with a number of springs and rivets.
The Tourbillon Steampunk echoes the Ala Grande design of the Titanic-DNA collection and features a generously sized 50 mm-diameter case that reaches a full 53 mm including the screw-locked crown or the paws. The latter come in steel, ceramic or 5N pink gold depending on the model, and are applied to the entirely riveted oxidised bezel. Fashioned using 80 rivets hand-applied by the watchmaking craftsmen of the Maison Romain Jerome, the latter is inspired by the hull and the boiler room of the famous ocean liner.
The dial-free Tourbillon Steampunk proudly displays its personalised RJ 2 movement exclusively developed by Concepto and decorated in harmony with the collection signature features. The transversal cross is symbolised on this model by four bolts (including two mounted on springs), vividly evoking watertight hatches used in the marine world.
The 12 o’clock Roman numeral in satin-brushed and bevelled steel makes a striking contrast with the mirror-polished finish of the mainplate and the tourbillon carriage bridge. The rear of the movement features an off-centred bidirectional oscillating weight shaped like a ship’s anchor.
Model: Romain Jerome Tourbillon Steampunk Ala Grande Limited Edition
- Function : Hour, minute, tourbillon
- Movement : RJ 2 Concepto; Mechanical movement with automatic winding-mechanism with an off-centred bidirectional oscillating weight shaped like an anchor
- Frequency : 21’600 A/h
- Number of jewels : 27 rubies
- Power reserve : 72 h
- Case : Steel, titanium. Diameter 50 mm
- Paws : Polished steel
- Hands : Steel with Superluminova, inspired by the anchor of the Titanic
- Bezel : Stabilised oxidized steel* A la Grande
- Water resistance : 5 atm
- Strap : Crocodile full Hornback skin or black rubber
- Clasp : Polished steel folding buckle
- Limited Edition : 9 pieces
- Also available in Pink gold and rust