The second collection of Oris Rectangular watches includes this attractive chronograph: the first ever Oris Rectangular chronograph, and the first Rectangular with a titanium case. Unusually for the Oris world of culture, the overall look is technical, not classical. The skeleton hands with luminous inlay – usually seen in the fast moving Oris world of motor sport – also make an appearance here. The bold luminous numerals are a world away from the usual Oris culture look.
The cut out view of the date function allows a glimpse of the circular movement. As the dial turns, the central horizontal stripe indicates the current date although the full range remains visible.The multi piece case is big and chunky rather than slim and delicate, but the curved profile of the lightweight titanium construction ensures a snug fit on the wrist.The pushers are another special design feature. Moulded to fit the shape of the case they underline the angular, technical look of this back to basics stopwatch.
- Automatic mechanical movement with chronograph function
- Centralised hour and minute displays, small second at 9 o’clock
- Centralised second counter, decentralised minute and hour counters. Date at 3 o’clock
- Multi-piece titanium case secured with four screws
- See through glass case back
- Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
- Black dial with applied indices and printed Superluminova numerals
- Nickel hands with luminous inlay
- Stainless steel crown and moulded pushers
- Black Gaucho leather strap with folding stainless steel clasp or multi piece metal bracelet with two-piece folding clasp
- Water resistant to 3 bar