The original Big Crown series was the first essential pilot’s watch. Pilots flying planes with cockpits open to the elements needed to be able to re-set their watches whilst wearing gloves. The Big Crown was an early Oris innovation that made this possible. Now Oris releases a larger gent’s version and a more delicate ladies’ model. Both timepieces have the traditional, clean Big Crown lines and the rose gold top ring adds a touch of class.
Both watches have stainless steel cases and screw down crowns for extra security. Both have tough ridged bezels, and highly visible Superluminova numbers deliver extra safety in the air. The Big Crown range and the Pointer Date movement have long been among Oris’ most popular since their first introduction in the late 1930s. The new Big Crown range uses sapphire glass for the first time in a Big Crown range. Plexiglass was traditionally used but now sapphire glass, with its extreme shock and scratch resistance makes its debut.
Oris Big Crown Pointer Date Ø 30.00 mm and 40.00 mm
Ref: 584 7626 43 61 LS/MB and 754 7628 43 61 LS/MB
- Automatic mechanical movement with pointer calendar function
- Centralised second, hour and minute displays.
- Multi-piece stainless steel case
- See through case back
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
- Rose gold plated top ring
- Silver dial, part guilloche
- Applied rose gold numerals and indices
- Nickel rose gold plated hands with luminous inlay
- Oversized stainless steel screw down crown
- Multi-piece stainless steel bracelet with folding safety clasp
- Also available with brown croco pattern leather strap
- Water resistant to 10 bar/100 metres