Introduced in 2008, the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Survivor Chronograph is a sturdy and highly functional timepiece crafted in blackened titanium. This ultra-light material has been chosen for the case and the surrounding elements: studs, pushpieces and pushpiece guards, crown and oversized strap buckle. The same goes for the medallion back featuring a special non-slip texture.
Titanium also shows up on the lower part of the octagonal bezel, while its upper part opts for ceramics. The latter is distinguished by clearly marked vertical grooves reminiscent of the characteristic satin finish of the Royal Oak Offshore collection.
The strap is made from vulcanised rubber, an indispensable part of the extreme sports universe. Its matt black granular surface accentuates the adventurous camouflage-type look of this chronograph issued in a limited edition of 1,000.
Each detail is meticulously designed to ensure a blend of efficiency and lightness. The perforations on the bezel lighten up the structure without compromising its sturdiness.
The hollowed pushpieces equipped with a security look ensure user-friendly handling. In a similar vein, the generous size and notched rim of the crown, as well as the ratcheted case edge, facilitate getting a quick and sure grip on this exceptional instrument.
The conical shape of the pushpieces guarantees instant activation of the chronograph function, while the skeleton hands, luminescent hour-markers and silver-coloured small seconds counter guarantee optimal readability by day or night. And finally, since nothing is left to chance, a careful observer will note the apertures on the case middle and studs.
The Royal Oak Offshore signature features
- Strongbox-type case water-resistant to 100 metres, with antimagnetic system designed to protect the mechanism from any hostile element
- Hexagonal socket-head screws echoing the legendary hexagonal screws of the Royal Oak Offshore models
- Exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” guilloché pattern on the dial, matched on this model by the chequered motif on the strap
- Strap perfectly integrated with the case
The Royal Oak Offshore Survivor houses the exclusive Audemars Piguet selfwinding Calibre 3126/3840, guaranteeing sturdiness, reliability and precision rating:
- Up to 60-hour power reserve thanks to a mainspring which, by supplying constant force over a longer time-span, ensures enhanced rating accuracy
- A cross-through balance-cock reinforcing the stability of the movement
- A balance-stop mechanism serving to immobilise the seconds hand and thus enabling time-setting to the nearest second
- A variable-inertia balance equipped with eight inertia-blocks enabling precise and stable adjustment;
- Fast date correction with an integrated security system avoiding any risk of date disc blockage when the adjustment occurs at midnight
- Bidirectional automatic winding of the mainspring by means of a 22-carat gold rotor mounted on a ball-bearing mechanism.
Model: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Survivor
Limited series of 1,000 pieces
Calibre: 3126/3840, selfwinding
Total diameter: 26 mm (11? lignes)
Thickness: 7.16 mm
Up to 60-hour power reserve
Cadence of the balance: 21,600 vibrations per hour
Variable-inertia balance with eight inertia-blocks and a flat balance-spring
Geneva-type mobile balance-spring stud-holder
Three-position winding crown
Finishing: all parts decorated by hand; mainplate rhodium-plated, bevelled and stippled; bridges adorned with “côtes de Genève” motif
Strongbox-type case with antimagnetic system, cone-shaped pushpieces, hollowed pushpiece guards, crown, crown guard and studs in blackened titanium
Perforated ceramic bezel
Diameter: 42 mm
Thickness: 15.65 mm
Water-resistance: 100 m
Medallion back in blackened titanium with non-slip motif, titanium zone engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore Survivor – Limited Edition
Matt black, exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” guilloché motif
Luminescent skeleton hour and minute hands
Luminescent applied hour-markers
Hours and minutes
Chronograph with central sweep seconds hand, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
Tachometric scale around the flange
Vulcanised rubber with chequered motifs and oversized buckle in blackened titanium