This limited edition timepiece was launched in 2008 to celebrate the first ever Formula 1 Grand Prix in SINGAPORE.
The Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand Prix Chronograph from the extreme sports collection bears eloquent witness to the symbiotic relationship between the automotive and watch industries. The same concern for detail, the same obsession with design and the tireless pursuit of mechanical perfection: such are the common denominators between these two worlds.
Forged carbon was a deliberate choice for the case middle of the Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand Prix Chronograph, inspired by the aerofoils, vents and other appendages of the gleaming Formula 1 cars, this sophisticated material stems from a lengthy and meticulous development process.
It is composed of carbon fibres compressed at high temperature. The molecular structure thus obtained ensures a winning blend of lightness, resistance and hardness. Machining an extremely dense carbon also creates a distinctive appearance admirably highlighted by the steel bezel and its studs, while eight black PVD-coated steel screws underscore the legendary octagonal shape.
Special features of Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand Prix Chronograph
- Red and black ultra-sporty colour codes.
- Black forged carbon case middle enhanced by chronograph push-pieces and a red rubber moulded crown.
- Black flange with a tachometric scale running around the red dial decorated with an exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” motif. Small seconds, black 30-minute counter (at 9 o’clock) and 12-hour counter (at 6 o’clock).
- Perforated leather strap with red double stitching echoing the colour of the alcantara lining.
Picking up the Grand Prix logo, the caseback is engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore – Limited Edition – Singapore GP 2008, serving as a discreet reminder that owning a watch from this strictly limited series of 250 is a rare privilege indeed.
While some truly impressive engines throb beneath the hood of Formula 1 cars, the movement powering the Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand Prix Chronograph is no less exceptional.
The exclusive selfwinding Audemars Piguet Calibre 3126 combines sturdiness, reliability and rating precision:
- Up to 60 hours’ power reserve thanks to the barrel spring which improves rating precision by supplying constant force for a longer period of time.
- A cross-through balance-cock reinforcing the stability of the movement.
- A balance-stop mechanism serving to immobilise the seconds hand and thus enable time setting to the nearest second.
- A variable-inertia balance fitted with eight inertia-blocks guaranteeing accurate and stable setting.
- A fast date adjustment equipped with an integrated security system avoiding any risk of blocking the date disc by inadvertently performing a correction at midnight.
- A 22-carat gold rotor mounted on a ball-bearing mechanism ensuring bidirectional automatic winding of the barrel spring.
Chronograph 3840 is integrated within this high-performance movement. As soon as it is activated, the 30-minute counter (at 9 o’clock), the 12-hour counter (at 6 o’clock) and the central chronograph seconds hand spring into action and enable sixth-of-a-second timing.
Model: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand Prix Chronograph
Limited edition of 250 pieces
Calibre: 3126/3840, selfwinding
Total diameter: 29.94 mm (131/4 lignes)
Casing-diameter: 26 mm
Thickness: 7.16 mm
Power reserve: up to 60 hours
Cadence of the balance:
21,600 vibrations per hour
Variable-inertia balance with eight inertia-blocks and flat balance-spring
Geneva-type mobile balance-spring stud holder
Three-position winding stem
Finishing: all parts decorated by hand; mainplate rhodium-plated, bevelled and circular-grained, bridges adorned with “côtes de Genève” motif
Hours and minutes
Chronograph with central seconds hand, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
Flange with tachometric scale
Forged carbon case with steel bezel and black PVD-coated steel screws
Diameter: 42 mm
Thickness: 14.7 mm
Caseback engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore – Limited Edition – Singapore GP 2008
Water-resistance: 100 m
Red, with exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” motif
Small seconds, black 30-minute counter (at 9 o’clock) and 12-hour counter (at 6 o’clock)
Luminescent numerals and hour and minute hands
Hand-sewn perforated black leather with stainless steel AP folding clasp