In 2008, the Oris designers have taken inspiration from the 1970s for the new Chronoris Grand Prix ’70 Limited Edition: the latest addition to the Oris world of Motor Sport For many fans the 1970s was the first golden age of motor racing, when the focus of the sport was still ‘pure racing’ and the glamour surrounding the sport became almost as exciting as the sport itself.
It may look every inch the retro 70s classic, but the Limited Edition Chronoris is packed with modern features, just like a current F1 car. The tachymeter scale on the dial ring, the chronograph function and the date display remain: classic and unchanged. But this version has more power.
A new movement withsmall second and hour counter, a larger case (42.50mm compared with the 40mm of its orange cousin) and two chronograph displays on the dial – including a ten minute countdown – appear this time in British Racing Green. The new Chronoris also boasts a centralised second time zone, symbolised by the arrow hand.
The limited edition engraving from 0001 to 1970 appears on the side of the case at 6 o’clock. The Chronoris Grand Prix ’70 Limited Edition: modern practicality with all the pure racing style of the 1970s.
Model: “Chronoris Grand Prix’70” Ø 42.50mm
Ref. 677 7619 41 54 LS
- Mechanical automatic movement with stop watch function
- Centralised hour and minute display
- Small second display at 9 o’clock
- Decentralised minute and hour counters, centralised second counter
- Second time zone displayed from the centre
- Date display at 6 o’clock
- Two piece black/green dial with applied indices
- Polished nickel hands with luminous inlay
- Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Screwed case back with mineral glass
- Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
- Stainless steel Quick Lock Crown and pushers
- Black leather strap with green side detail and stainless steel clasp
- Water resistant to 5 bar/ 50 m
- Limited edition number engraved on the case side at 6 o’clock
- Presentation box set with retro style racing drivers gloves