The Manufacture Vulcain, in cooperation with l’Heure AscH in Geneva, presents an original and exclusive limited, numbered edition featuring the five elements as a dramatic backdrop.
Since 2005, L’Heure AscH, the Geneva-based boutique located in the cobblestone streets of the old town, has chosen to serve as an embassy for watches from the Manufacture Vulcain. These two companies, each following its own radiant destiny, have united in a mutually enriching association nurtured by constant dialogue and judicious reciprocal advice. To celebrate this unique relationship, Vulcain presents an exclusive limited-series model in honour of L’Heure L’AscH.
Christened “Vulcain pour l’Heure AscH”, this timepiece is equipped with the proprietary Cricket V-13 hand-wound movement offering the famous alarm function on which Vulcain has built its fame. Displaying the hours, minutes and seconds, this original model features extremely meticulous finishes, including bridges adorned with the “Côtes de Genève” motif, circular-grained or polished mainplates and blued screws.
Its twin barrels – one for the movement and the other for the alarm mechanism – are embellished by an exquisite snailed pattern providing an admirable expression of the fine art of horology. Meanwhile, the sapphire crystal case-back enables one to admire the extreme quality of the work performed by the Vulcain artisans.
The dial is also superbly crafted. Available in a choice of five colours representing each of the five elements, it is executed according to the demanding technique known as guilloché flammé grand feu enamelling. Brown has been chosen to evoke wood, red for fire, yellow for earth, silver-colour for metal and blue for water.
The 39 mm-diameter case comes in two ranges in either 18-carat rose gold or white gold, both comprising nine dials in each of the five colours. Numbered from 1 to 9, they bear the “L’Heure AscH” signature at 6 o’clock just opposite the “Vulcain” inscription at 12. Four Arabic numerals set the finishing touch to the overall visual balance.
- Material: 18K rose gold and 18K white gold, polished finishing
- Dials: Guilloché flammé grand feu enamelling, available in a choice of five colours : brown, red, yellow, silver, blue
- Limited Edition: 9 pieces per material and dial colour
- Calibre: Vulcain Cricket V-13 high grade finishing, hand-wound mechanical with alarm function
- Frequency: 18’000 vibrations / hour
- Rubies: 17
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Top Crystal: Domed shape sapphire, anti-reflective coated
- Bottom crystal: Sapphire
- Water-resistance: 50 meters / 160 feet
- Case dimensions: Diameter 39.00mm/Length 47.70mm/Thickness 13.30mm
- Strap: Louisiana Alligator
- Strap dimensions: 20/18 mm
- Buckle: 18K gold pin type
- Functions: Hour, Minute, Second, Alarm