The traditional presentation of the year’s limited edition series «Black» URWERK is an event awaited with no small amount of impatience by aficionados of the brand. Ever since URWERK’s creation in 1997, the company has reserved the privilege of celebrating each new collection by dressing 10 timepieces – 10 exceptional timepieces – in black.
This year the waiting is finally over, because today heralds the unveiling of the new black platinum «Hexagon». The birth of URWERK’s «Black» limited editions goes back to 1999 with the presentation of a special version of URWERK’s very first watch, – the UR102 – which was clothed in black and called « Night Watch ».
The model quickly became a collector’s item, and no wonder, its aluminium case and platinum base may be considered run of the mill fusion today, but it was proudly revolutionary for its time. The concept was revived in 2006 with the now mythical « Black Bird », a creation with combat aesthetics and a name derived from military aviation. The « Black Shark » followed in 2007.
Today the UR103 « Hexagon » – a limited edition of only 10 pieces – takes its turn under the spotlight, with its striking black platinum case making a powerful statement and leaving no doubt that this is no ordinary timepiece.
The masculine lines of its angular satellites – in stark contrast to the soft curves of the classical 103 models – reinforces the sensation of an emanating force within. In the dark, the luminescent SuperLumiNova marking the hours and minutes indicates the time in an icy-cool menthol blue.
The UR103 « Hexagon » – Limited edition of 10 pieces
- Case: black platinum (PE-CVD treatment)
- Dimensions: 50mm x 36mm x 13.5mm
- Movement: Calibre 3.03: hand winding; 21,600bph/3Hz; 43 hours power reserve.
- Triple base plate in ARCAP P40
- Time indicated with satellites controlled by a Geneva Cross
- Control Board: Titanium; power reserve indicator; time regulating dials indicating 15 minutes and seconds; precision adjustment screw.
- Strap: black alligator leather