Inspired by the world renowned and extraordinary sailing vessels created by the yacht builders Perini Navi of Viareggio, Italy, the RM 015 echoes the visual elements and nautical details found on these luxurious craft. The shapes of the crown and the case outlines, the tourbillon and winding barrel bridges, the titanium screws of the case and movement, as well as many other elements are directly inspired by details found on the ocean going vessels created by Perini Navi.
- CARBON NANOFIBER MOVEMENT PLATE: A composite material of carbon nanofibers, that becomes an isotrope possessing mechanical, physical and chemical stability when molded under high pressure. The movement plate has a ribbed perimeter that assures better rigidity between the plate and bridges. This carbon composite structure is also amorphous, chemically neutral and dimensionally stable within a wide range of temperatures.
- POWER RESERVE: circa 75 hours (indicated on the numeric scale positioned between 1 and 2 o’clock).
- TORQUE INDICATOR: Shows the mainspring tension and enables the movement timing to be optimized. Below 53 dNmm, the spring is too slack; at the other extreme, above 65 dNmm, excessive tension can adversely affect the running of the movement and may even cause damage. (These indications appear on the numeric scale positioned between 2 and 4 o’clock).
- SECOND TIME ZONE INDICATOR: Indicates a second time zone with numbers on a transparent sapphire crystal disc. These come into view when suspended above the light colored field near 10:30. The second time zone is simple to adjust via a pusher located at 9 o’clock.
- VARIABLE INERTIA, FREE SPRUNG BALANCE: The free-sprung balance gives better reliability in the event of shocks, allows for efficient movement assembly and disassembly, and also guarantees better chronometric results over an extended period of time.
- FAST ROTATING BARREL: (6 hours per revolution instead of 7,5): This type of barrel provides the following advantages: The phenomenon of periodic internal mainspring adhesion is significantly diminished, thereby increasing performance;Provision of an excellent mainspring delta curve with an ideal power reserve/performance and regularity ratio.
- BARREL PAWL WITH PROGRESSIVE RECOIL: This device permits an appreciable winding gain (circa 20%), especially during the start of winding. It also aids in the even distribution of the mainspring’s internal tension.
- FUNCTION SELECTOR: In a manner similar to a car’s gearbox, a push-button located at the center of the crown allows one to select the winding, neutral and hand setting functions with a simple push. A hand at 4 o’clock displays the selected function: C (Carica) winding – N (Neutrale) neutral – L (Lancette) Hand setting
- MODULAR TIME SETTING MECHANISM FITTED AGAINST THE CASE BACK: Provides the following advantages for longevity and maintenance. Since the component is mounted outside of the movement, the time setting assembly can be changed without affecting the integrity of the bottom plate in the event of a possible defect or during maintenance;The mounting and dismantling of this module from the back will not require the removal of the hands and the dial.
- WHEEL BASED TIME SETTING SYSTEM (back of the movement): Provides smooth time setting functions through the elimination of engaging friction by replacing it with rolling friction.
- BALANCE SPRING: Developed in the 18th century, perfected and codified in the 19th, the specially calculated curvature of the balance spring provides excellent chronometric results in tourbillon escapements.
- ESCAPEMENT: New in-line escapement design, aimed at reducing friction.
- CERAMIC ENDSTONE FOR THE TOURBILLON CAGE: This reflects a technical and long-term view towards the elimination of wear phenomena, resulting in improved technical tribology.
- CENTRAL BRIDGE IN INOX STEEL: The ribs ensure better rigidity for the bottom plate/bridge assembly.
- SPLINED SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM FOR THE BRIDGES AND CASE: This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulations during assembly and disassembly and age well.
- WINDING BARREL TEETH AND THIRD-WHEEL PINION WITH CENTRAL INVOLUTE PROFILE: The central involute profile of the winding barrel teeth and pinion provides an optimal pressure angle of 20°. This promotes effective rotary motion and allows for compensation of possible variations in the engagement of the going train, thus insuring excellent torque transmission with a distinct improvement in performance.
Marine Caliber RM015: Manual winding tourbillon movement with hours, minutes, second time zone, power reserve indicator, torque indicator and function selector.
Movement Dimensions: 30.20 x 28.60 mm
Thickness: 6.35 mm
Tourbillon diameter: 12.30 mm
Balance wheel diameter: 10 mm
Number of Jewels: 23
Balance: GLUCYDUR, 2 arms, 18 setting screws, inertia moment 10 mg cm2, angle of lift 53º
Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
Balance Spring: ELINVAR by NIVAROX
Torque Indicator with reference measurement in dNmm
Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
Jewels set in white gold chatons
Barrel Shaft in nickel-free chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), with the following characteristics: stainless – antimagnetic – suitable for tempering.
- Movement: Anglage and polishing by hand; Locking sections hand polished; Sapphire blasted milled sections; Lapped and polished contact points; Burnished pivots
- Steel Parts: Sapphire blasted surfaces; Anglage and polishing by hand
- Gear Wheels: Concave chamfering with a diamond tool; Circular finished faces; Gilded (before cutting the teeth); Minimum correction applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance.