Deep black case and dial with white luminous features and splashes of red: this is the colour scheme of the INCURSORE Black Jack watches from Glycine. The two first limited editions were so popular that CEO Katherina Brechbühler decided to create two new models, both of which continue to play on the number 21, the most important number in Black Jack.
INCURSORE Black Jack Automatic Chronograph
The new Chronograph is very similar in appearance to the INCURSORE Black Jack Manual, which was launched before; this watch, however, has an automatic movement. The 3 and the 9 are shown as numerals; at 12 o’clock there is a 30 minute counter and at 6 o’clock the date display and a 24 hour totalizer with, on the outer scale, the number 21 shown in red.
The red 21 is not the only link to the game of Black Jack; as the black knave can also be seen on the dial and the steel case back. This model is being issued in a limited edition of 500.
The INCURSORE Black Jack Automatic Chronograph, reference 3879 at a glance:
• Automatic chronograph, Valjoux 7750 Eta movement
• 30-minute counter and 12/24-hour counter
• PVD-coated stainless steel case
• Case diameter: 46 mm
• Sapphire glass, steel back decorated with the black knave
• Water-resistant to 100 m
• Supplied in a black wooden box with one leather and one rubber strap
• Limited edition of 500
• Guide price: about 2800 Swiss francs
• Available from middle of April 2008