At Basel world 2008, Luminox enhanced Lockheed Martin collection by launching its limited edition, 999 unit evolution (EVO) series of the SR-71 Blackbird™ 9060 featuring chronograph functions.
The United States Air Force retired the SR-71 Blackbird™ in 1990, which now can be admired at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. The new series acknowledges and celebrates its record accomplishments and significance in aviation history.
In keeping with the current large-size trend in sport watches, the EVO SR-71Blackbird™ watch is 44mm in diameter, 2mm larger than its original series. The black PVD treated stainless steel watch case and black steel bracelet manifest the black reconnaissance jet.The all black watch design is streamlined to further evoke the flavor of the SR-71Blackbird™ jet.
Although the watch is water resistant to 100 meters, there is no exterior turning bezel to mark diving time. The turning bezel is, however, built inside the watch.
All chronographic functions are available in this series, including add and split functions, center stop second (1/1 second), and 1/10 counter, to name a few. The watch features a Ronda Swiss quartz chronograph movement with 45-month battery life.
A highly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with A/R coating is standard on this series. The black watch dial is powered by 12 LLT (Luminox Light Technology) gaseous light tubes that glow continuously for more than 25 years, and 100 times brighter than other luminous watches.
Model: SR-71 Blackbird™ Chrono Alarm: 9060 / 44 mm
- Limited Edition to 999 units worldwide
- Reference Number: 9062
- Origin: Swiss Made
- Size/Diameter: 44 mm
- Water Resistance: 100 meters, 10 ATM
- Movement: Ronda 5130.D, Chrono Alarm
- Battery/Battery life: 395 / 48 month
- Case Back: 316L steel, PVD black, screwed
- Glass: Sapphire glass, single anti-reflecting coating
- Case : 316L steel, PVD black, soundbox-caseback
- Bezel: 316L steel, PVD black, fix
- Crown: 316L steel PVD black, screwed
- Standard strap: Bracelet 23mm, 316L solid steel bracelet with solid signature buckle, all PVD black.