This Richard Mille tourbillon wristwatch has been created in a limited edition of 30 numbered examples in platinum. With dramatic lines inspired by architecturally engineered structural forms, the tubular, angled configuration of the 012 offers optimal stiffness and torsial rigidity with exceptional resistance to thermal change and corrosive elements. It is unique in the manner in which it unites the functions of the watch’s baseplate with those of the movement and bridges into a technically coherent and visually inseparable totality.
- ALUMINIUM ALLOY WINDING BARREL, GOING TRAIN AND TOURBILLON CAGE: The aluminum alloy Anticorodal 100 (AlMgSi1) is normally used in industrial engineering applications such as skyscrapers, ships and sports cars and is composed of aluminum, magnesium and silicium. This particular alloy was selected for its combined qualities of low mass inertia, endurance and dynamic strength, the special ability to absorb vibrations and a high resistance to corrosion and wear.
- COMBINED TUBE AND BRIDGE STRUCTURES IN STEEL PHYNOX ALLOY AND TITANIUM
- SPLINE SCREWS IN GRADE 5 TITANIUM
- TEETH OF BARREL AND THIRD WHEEL PINION WITH CORRECTED INVOLUTE PROFILE: The corrected profiles of the teeth allows a double pressure angle of 10° and 20°, thus effectively promoting smooth movement and compensating possible variations of gear engagement. This ensures excellent torque transmission and a distinct improvement in performance.
- BALANCE SPRING: Developed in the 18th century, perfected and codified in the 19th, the specially calculated curvature of the balance spring provides excellent chronometric results in tourbillon escapements.
- VARIABLE INERTIA,FREE SPRUNG BALANCE: The free-sprung balance gives better reliability in the event of shocks, allows for efficient movement assembly and disassembly, and also guarantees better chronometric results over an extended period of time.
- Platinum Case; Dimensions: 48 mm x 39.30 mm (widest point) x 13.84 mm (thickest area).
- CROWN: In grade 5 micro-blasted titanium, with double seal O-ring and collar in Alcryn.
- CRYSTAL: Bezel side: In sapphire (1800 Vickers) with anti-glare treatment (both sides). Thickness: 1.20 mm ;Case back: In sapphire with anti-glare treatment (both sides);Thickness: at the center 1 mm and outer edges 1.73 mm.
- DIAL: In sapphire (thickness: 0.40 mm) with anti-glare treatment, protected by 8 silicone braces inserted in the upper and lower grooves.
- FLANGES: In carbon fiber, the index points filled with approved luminous material.
Caliber RM 012: Manual winding tourbillon with hours and minutes.
Movement Dimensions: 30.20 mm x 28.60 mm
Thickness: 6.60 mm
Diameter of the tourbillon cage: 10.90 mm
Diameter of the balance wheel: 10.00 mm
Number of Jewels: 19
Balance Wheel: GLUCYDUR, 2 arms, with 18 adjustment screws in 18-carat white gold
Moment Of Inertia: 10 mg cm2, lever angle 56°
Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
Power Reserve: 42 hours
Balance Spring: ELINVAR by NIVAROX
Shock Protection: KIF ELASTOR KE 160 B28
Blue Jewels Set In Titanium Chatons
Barrel SHAFT: in chronifer without nickel (DIN x 46 Cr 13 + S), which has the following characteristics: non-oxidizable/antimagnetic/hardened
– Anglage and polishing by hand
– Locking sections hand polished
– Sapphire blasted milled sections
– Lapped and polished contact points
– Burnished pivots
– Sapphire blasted surfaces
– Satin-finished surfaces
– Anglage and polishing by hand
– Concave chamfering with a diamond tool
– Circular finished faces
– Gilding (before cutting the teeth)
– Minimum manual correction to the wheels undertaken in order to preserve geometry and performance