Luminox presents its limited edition, 500 unit evolution (EVO) SR-71 Blackbird™ series 9070 featuring an automatic mechanical Valjoux chronograph movement.
The United States Air Force retired the SR-71 Blackbird™ in 1990. A truly remarkable aircraft, the SR-71 Blackbird™ can be admired at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. The new watch series acknowledges and celebrates its record accomplishments and significance in aviation history.
In keeping with the current large-size trend in sport watches, the EVO SR-71 Blackbird™ watch is 44mm in diameter, 2mm larger than its original series. The black PVD treated stainless steel watch case and steel bracelet manifest the black reconnaissance jet SR-71 Blackbird™. The all black watch design is streamlined to further evoke the flavor of the SR-71 Blackbird™ jet. Although the watch is water resistant to 100 meters, there is no exterior turning bezel to mark diving time. The turning bezel is built inside the watch.
The watch is fitted with a Swiss Valjoux 7750 automatic mechanical chronograph movement, rotor mounted on ball bearing with uni-directional winding, and 42-hours of power reserve. A highly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with A/R coating is standard for this series. The black watch dial is powered by 12 LLT (Luminox Light Technology) gaseous light tubes that glow continuously for more than 25 years, and 100 times brighter than other luminous watches.
- Origin: Swiss Made
- Size/Diameter: 44 mm
- Water Resistance :100 meters, 10 ATM
- Movement: Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph
- Case Back: 316L steel, PVD black, screwed
- Glass: Sapphire glass, single anti-reflecting coating
- Case: 316L steel, PVD black
- Bezel: 316L steel, PVD black, fix
- Crown: 316L steel PVD black, screwed
- Standard strap: Bracelet 23mm, 316L solid steel bracelet with solid signature buckle, all PVD black