Introduced in 2006, this new model in the popular PRS 516 line, houses an exclusive movement, which proposes an unusual chronograph display divided into 30 seconds, with the sweeping second hand working anti-clockwise from 9 o’clock to return to its place automatically after a time elapse of 2 hours.
The fan shaped counters of 60 minutes and 5 minutes and the chequered flag motif around the top hemisphere of the dial, adds to the striking design of this timepiece, the yellow and white of the tachymeter and counters standing out boldly against the black dial.
With its exclusive “retrograde” movement, this watch is another technological “first”, again combining cutting-edge design with the spirit of innovation: the trademark of the Tissot brand for over 150 years. The central second hand is set at 9 o’clock and it works “backwards” over 30 seconds anti-clockwise.
After the first 30 seconds the counter at 2 o’clock moves on one place, to show the first 30 seconds elapsed, and this 10 times until 5 minutes have passed. After 5 minutes the counter at 10 o’clock moves on one place showing that 5 minutes have passed and so one up to 60 minutes. After 2 hours the chronograph function will stop and return to its original position.
The watch comes with the characteristic bracelet of the PRS516 line with its holes that recall the holes in the sports car’s steering wheel, the holes here coloured yellow to match the yellow design. The bold brushed steel case, with polished sides, also has this same steering wheel engraved on the back.
- Swiss Made quartz movement; Chronograph quartz: 10 ½’’’, 23.30 mm, ETA G15.261, HMsSD, 6 jewels, 35-months battery, 5-minutes and 60-minutes retrograde counters, central 30-seconds retrograde chronograph hand, ADD and SPLIT functions
- Water-resistant to 50m / 165ft
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- 316L Stainless steel case
- 316L Solid stainless steel metal bracelet with butterfly clasp with two push-buttons
- Leather strap with deployant buckle