This is what the future of aviation watches looks like: like the flight instrument from which it takes its inspiration. Everything about this watch screams aviation – right down to the smallest details. The average aircraft cockpit is packed with essential flight instruments, so you can consider the BC4 Flight Timer your own portable cockpit.
It has all the information you need at your fingertips, including the date at 6 o’clock; and with a diameter of 42.70mm it’s a more realistic proposition for those without their own aircraft hangar. A second time zone with a day/night window is displayed at 3 o’clock, the prominent vertical crown at 2 o’clock turns the special inner dial ring to show a third time zone. It’s a true innovation in the Oris world of aviation.
Simple pushers to adjust the time zones mean you don’t need a pilot’s license to operate this flying machine. With the points of the compass and degree headings also marked the BC4 Flight Timer is a multifunctional marvel.
Like everything at Oris form follows function, and the small second with its distinctive white markings at 9 o’clock shows the wearer that the watch is working – an instrument just as essential as any in a pilot’s cockpit. The BC4 is also protected by the special Oris Quick Lock Crown system.
The gaucho leather strap, with its contrast stitching and specially designed safety clasp in the style of an aircraft safety belt is another Oris innovation.
Model: BC4 Flight Timer. Ø 42.70mm. Ref. 690 7615 41 54 LS
- Mechanical automatic movement with second time zone
- Centralised hour and minute display
- Small second display at 9 o’clock
- Second time zone hour and minute display at 3 o’clock with day/night display
- Date display at 6 o’clock
- Two piece black dial with printed pattern, applied nickel indices, nickel hands with Superluminova inlay
- Multi piece stainless steel case secured with 7 screws
- Case back with mineral glass
- Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating
- Prominent second crown mechanism to change the dial ring to a third time zone at 2 o’clock
- Stainless steel Quick Lock Crown and pushers
- Black gaucho leather strap with contrasting stitching and special folding clasp
- Water resistant to 10 bar/100 metres
This watch will be available from September 2008.