While presented in a slightly smaller size, the Flying B N°3 features all the harmonious elegance and daring of the rectangular Flying B case. However, it shows a completely difference face thanks to an entirely redesigned dial. This epitome of art and fine craftsmanship is protected and highlighted by a finely bevelled sapphire crystal that is glareproofed on both sides.
The hour-markers and the Roman numeral XII with their mother-of-pearl inlays provide a radiant surround for the knurled central motif. The two large hands mark off the hours and minutes with considerable panache. The small seconds hand sweeps around a hollowed square subdial, while the date is clearly visible in a finely cut-out double-date calendar.
At the heart of this paragon of balance and refinement beats the new Breitling Calibre 16B, accompanied by an official COSC chronometer-rating certificate, like all movements emerging from the Breitling workshops.The Flying B N°3 is available in steel as well as in red or white gold.
- Movement: Breitling Calibre 16B, chronometer-certified by the COSC, self-winding, high-frequency (28,800 vibrations/hour), 30 jewels. Large calendar display.
- Case: Steel, 18K red gold, 18K white gold
- Water-resistant to 100 metres (330 ft)
- Screw-locked crown
- Curved sapphire crystal, glare-proofed on both sides
- Dimensions: 34.5 x 51.4 mm
- Dials: Royal Ebony, Neptune, Silver Storm, Amber, Desert Dune, Bronze
- Straps/bracelet: Barenia leather, crocodile leather/Speed B